Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default just got very lucky

Thanks for the pic and post.

Tractor Supply had those 3-way doo-dads on cheap
a while back and I grabbed one. By the time I had
$50 of adapters and fittings in hand to get it to fit,
I decided that I didn't need it as much.

I would have probably done it like you did.

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the pic and post.

Tractor Supply had those 3-way doo-dads on cheap
a while back and I grabbed one. By the time I had
$50 of adapters and fittings in hand to get it to fit,
I decided that I didn't need it as much.

I would have probably done it like you did.

Your fittings should have screwed right into that three way port - they're
simple 1/4 NPT threads. I had one once but I quit using mine also, just
because it was too cumbersome.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/1/2014 7:12 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Thanks for the pic and post.

Tractor Supply had those 3-way doo-dads on cheap
a while back and I grabbed one. By the time I had
$50 of adapters and fittings in hand to get it to fit,
I decided that I didn't need it as much.

I would have probably done it like you did.

Your fittings should have screwed right into that three way port - they're
simple 1/4 NPT threads. I had one once but I quit using mine also, just
because it was too cumbersome.

Yea, I still have it setup like I did for the small 7gal tank where I
needed a disconnect.

The problem is that the lines are already run, so turning them in is
just not happening unless I cut off the crimpped ends, and put some
barbed connectors on.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:

The problem is that the lines are already run, so turning them in is
just not happening unless I cut off the crimpped ends, and put some
barbed connectors on.

Ugh! I hate those barbed connectors. I run pretty high pressure and I have
never had any long term luck with those things. Now - if an end goes south
on me, I just junk the air line and get a new one. You could though - and
maybe I will try this myself next time one bites it, take your bad hose to
NAPA. They make hoses there and I'm sure for a small enough fee, you can
get a real end crimped on thus really renewing your line.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/1/2014 1:02 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

The problem is that the lines are already run, so turning them in is
just not happening unless I cut off the crimpped ends, and put some
barbed connectors on.

Ugh! I hate those barbed connectors. I run pretty high pressure and I have
never had any long term luck with those things. Now - if an end goes south
on me, I just junk the air line and get a new one. You could though - and
maybe I will try this myself next time one bites it, take your bad hose to
NAPA. They make hoses there and I'm sure for a small enough fee, you can
get a real end crimped on thus really renewing your line.

well no, the reason I would need the barb is so I can spin it into the
manifold. My hose is run through out the basement with drops all the way
to the garage. So it's not coming down easily.
I have used barbs, I found that fastenal sells barbs that fit better
than HF or Home depot, those barbs are too small, not a full 3/8.
Fastenals are really the right size...

But I prefer the crimp... I would love to get a good hydraulic crimper
that I can use for wire and hoses with various dies. They are quite
expensive.

--
Jeff