Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Urea Formaldehyde Glue Discouse

So... the discourse on glues has become quite intriguing to me. Karl's
comments introduced me to things/techniques that I had no knowledge of, and
damn... whenever that kind of thing happens...

So - how about a little dialog about what people use, and how they use it.
Here's some questions that are popping into my mind as I investigate this
stuff...

1 - what are the factors that will determine if you use PVA or Urea Resin
glue? I understand the stress part, but are there other considerations that
help you make that decision?

2- what do people use... powder with water mix, or powder with catalyst?
Reasons? Comments?

3 - how do people apply the stuff - brush, roller, whatever?

4 - any other comments and/or interesting things for people to know.

--

-Mike-