Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

Things I want to draw...
....wood boards
....aluminum flat bar, square tube, round tube, rod
....holes through materials
....bolts, washers, and nuts
....wheels
In other words, I want to draw things you might make at home.

Is 2-D CAD appropriate for drawing three-dimensional objects, like
boxes? Do they typically allow you to enter a third dimension when
placing an object? I don't mind having limited views, like a front
view and a side view, but most of us work with three-dimensional
objects...

Thanks.