Posted to rec.woodworking

Default super glue for holding small wood in a miter saw

I'm not a skilled woodworker, I'm sure some of you have superduper
clamps that will work with any size piece of wood on your miter saw,
but...

Another temporary use for superglue... I needed to cut a small block
of wood. Put two drops of superglue on the table and stuck the wood
to it. Waited 15 minutes or so and it cut like a charm. No hands. I
mean it took no hands, that helped keep my hands safe. Then used a
small hammer to break it off of the table. Then used a very sharp and
smooth wide chisel to remove the superglue from the table and the
wood. Piece of cake.

How do you attach small pieces of wood to a miter table?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/15/2013 5:20 PM, John Doe wrote:
I'm not a skilled woodworker, I'm sure some of you have superduper
clamps that will work with any size piece of wood on your miter saw,
but...

Another temporary use for superglue... I needed to cut a small block
of wood. Put two drops of superglue on the table and stuck the wood
to it. Waited 15 minutes or so and it cut like a charm. No hands. I
mean it took no hands, that helped keep my hands safe. Then used a
small hammer to break it off of the table. Then used a very sharp and
smooth wide chisel to remove the superglue from the table and the
wood. Piece of cake.

How do you attach small pieces of wood to a miter table?

You solved a problem, it worked, that's all that counts. Well done.

That said, obvious problem there would be scaling up for multiple parts.

This is where jig making acumen/skill comes in handy.

There is hardly a woodworking task that can't be made safer, more
precise, and infinitely repeatable with the use of jigs.

Anyone with the imagination, and problem solving gene, you exhibited
above should be able to design a jig to do that job.

Give it some thought.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 22:20:02 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

I'm not a skilled woodworker, I'm sure some of you have superduper
clamps that will work with any size piece of wood on your miter saw,
but...

Another temporary use for superglue... I needed to cut a small block
of wood. Put two drops of superglue on the table and stuck the wood
to it. Waited 15 minutes or so and it cut like a charm. No hands. I
mean it took no hands, that helped keep my hands safe. Then used a
small hammer to break it off of the table. Then used a very sharp and
smooth wide chisel to remove the superglue from the table and the
wood. Piece of cake.

How do you attach small pieces of wood to a miter table?

I would make all cuts necessary on the appropriate tool(s) and then
make the final cut to cut it to the itty bitty size needed. That way
nobody's forehead gets stuck to the table like Tim the Toolman had
happen to him. Let's be careful out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5WxDqggbs

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh man, thank you... that was a good laugh.

--
Jeff

Super Glue Kevin Woodturning 0 March 29th 11 02:52 PM
Holding small parts Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 15 March 13th 09 02:37 PM
Some of those "Super Glue' Krazy Glue" questions answered John B[_3_] Woodworking 0 September 5th 07 10:20 AM
Turning (and holding) a small wheel? Andy Dingley Woodturning 6 December 7th 05 12:03 AM
Super glue on a car dash Dave UK diy 12 March 1st 05 10:01 AM