Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need A Paint Recommendation

..... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about this product: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-D...3#.UfHZKqUo7rc
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:09:25 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application. Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about this product: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-D...3#.UfHZKqUo7rc

On a deck, rather than a porch.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote:

.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments
about this product:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-D...3#.UfHZKqUo7rc

No, but at $78/can, it better do something good.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/25/2013 10:09 PM, Sonny wrote:
.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about this product: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-D...3#.UfHZKqUo7rc

I am considering it myself...
So is a friend...

So I am interested in your responses.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/25/2013 7:09 PM, Sonny wrote:
.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about this product: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-D...3#.UfHZKqUo7rc

I saw a TV home fix-it-up on that product and it's "not really" paint
but a very thick, fill in the cracks kind of covering to help restore
very old,cracked deck boards.

The results looked OK, but I would replace the boards over that method.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, July 29, 2013 10:06:25 AM UTC-5, Pat Barber wrote:
I saw a TV home fix-it-up on that product and it's "not really" paint but a very thick, fill in the cracks kind of covering to help restore very old,cracked deck boards. The results looked OK, but I would replace the boards over that method.

Thanks Pat. The deck in question is reported to have some slight condition issues, so this product may be a temp fix until the decking definitely warrants replacing. I'll pass the info on and hope to get some feedback, once applied, and a future report of its resulting wear/lasting conditions.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

jloomis wrote:
Cabots is a good product.
john

Not all that great. I used their white solid stain for a PT railing
around a small desk. Within two years, it started peeling off.
Rather than scraping and sanding, it'll be less work to just replace it
and then using a regular outdoor paint.
I had better luck with their non-solid cedar satin on the decking.

"Sonny" wrote in message

.... For treated pine porch boards, exterior application.

Anyone have any experience with this product or have any comments about
this product:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Restore-D...3#.UfHZKqUo7rc

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

willshak wrote:
jloomis wrote:
Cabots is a good product.
john

Not all that great. I used their white solid stain for a PT railing
around a small desk. Within two years, it started peeling off.
Rather than scraping and sanding, it'll be less work to just replace
it and then using a regular outdoor paint.
I had better luck with their non-solid cedar satin on the decking.

Interesting. Usually peeling (if I understand correctly how you mean
that...), is a sign of bad prep. Any chance that prep is your culprit?

--

-Mike-