Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping: PuckDropper

PuckDropper,

You asked me to report/review on the "Chemical Splash Goggles" from Lee
Valley (on page 224 of their catalog) a few months ago.

I wore them for a couple hours while I was sanding some drywall compound
recently. Indeed they do not fog. However, my glasses fog inside on them
(it looks strange). As I found my (Stanley?) $2-3 goggles totally
unusable due to fogging, the Lee Valley product has value.

They are a snug fit over my glasses--which are not all that big. But I
realized that if that were not a snug fit, then they wouldn't provide as
much protection.

There is a strip of rubber along the edge of the polycarbonate that
makes a comfortable fit to the face. It readily comes off. I presume
that it will determine the lifetime of the goggles as I doubt it is
replaceable.

Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer. For
$19.50, you can't go too far wrong on this, unless they don't go over
your glasses.

Bill

Ping - Bob F Sonny Woodworking 2 July 12th 11 04:13 AM
ping TMH Dave UK diy 1 January 26th 11 12:29 AM
Ping:MrP George UK diy 3 July 25th 08 04:03 PM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Ping Ned S StaticsJason Metalworking 1 February 25th 06 04:38 AM