Posted to rec.woodworking

Default uniclic

anyone know how to form a uniclic profile on the cut end of engineered
hardwood or stranded bamboo flooring? Does not need to have the full
clic, but needs to fit - for right angle joint where I need to stagger
lengths and the material only comes in 2 meter peices. Is there a
router bit that would do the job????
Posted to rec.woodworking

As many times custom or replacement decorate sticks that are put in
corners of homes and woodwork ...

Multi-pass cuts. Find several or more cutters working at different
heights - to cut the profile.

It is a pain for a single, but when cutting a number it is 5 of these
then change the cutter....

Martin

On 4/18/2013 12:34 PM, wrote:
anyone know how to form a uniclic profile on the cut end of engineered
hardwood or stranded bamboo flooring? Does not need to have the full
clic, but needs to fit - for right angle joint where I need to stagger
lengths and the material only comes in 2 meter peices. Is there a
router bit that would do the job????

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:47:26 -0400, "dadiOH"

anyone know how to form a uniclic profile on the cut end of engineered
hardwood or stranded bamboo flooring? Does not need to have the full
clic, but needs to fit - for right angle joint where I need to stagger
lengths and the material only comes in 2 meter peices. Is there a
router bit that would do the job????

Do you really need a profile? I've little experience with that type of
flooring but wouldn't a simple butt suffice? The planks at the side should
be plenty to keep it in place. Taper the crosscuts slightly toward bottom
and the show side should wind up as tight as...well, you know

If you gotta have a profile, how about T & G?

Looking at T&G now - but need to either glue or nail - instead of
floating a click. And I don't think you understand the setup. 12X20
room with boards running long way - with 9X14 room off the side,
joined by an 8 foot arch and no door - with the boards running the
long way as well - which is right angles to the big room. 8 feet of
board ends meeting the long edge of another board. Without some kind
of "profile" there is nothing to prevent the boards shifting up and
down at the end.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

So the problem is where the cut ends of the big room meet the long sides in
the other room, right?

Mulling thoughts...

1. The T & G one

2. Half laps, long side over cut end side.

3. T molding threshold (best looking IMO)

Why would you have to glue or nail T & G? One is going to hold the other
down. Nothing wrong with doing so AFAIK, a bead of liquid nails would
stick'em down real good.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 05:34:02 -0400, "dadiOH"

[...]

Actually the other way, but yes, you have the idea
Mulling thoughts...

1. The T & G one

2. Half laps, long side over cut end side.

3. T molding threshold (best looking IMO)

The "T" moulding stands proud, and being the 2 rooms basically blend
as one, both my wife and I find that the least acceptable "solution"
And they don't make 1 piece long enough. About 3 inches short

Why would you have to glue or nail T & G? One is going to hold the other
down. Nothing wrong with doing so AFAIK, a bead of liquid nails would
stick'em down real good.

The manufacturer specifies nail or glue for T&G. What would prevent
the joints from opening otherwize? T&G does not lock, and unrestrained
wood moves around.. If I just put a T&G on the ends and edge of the
click material at that transition, yes, Liwuid Nails would likely do
the job (glue).