Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default uniclic

wrote:
anyone know how to form a uniclic profile on the cut end of engineered
hardwood or stranded bamboo flooring? Does not need to have the full
clic, but needs to fit - for right angle joint where I need to stagger
lengths and the material only comes in 2 meter peices. Is there a
router bit that would do the job????

If it were me ...

I'd orient the planks long-wise to match the longest dimension of the room
that is normally entered first. I would then continue this orientation to
the second room, irrespective of the second room's dimensions. Else you run
the risk of having visitors believe the installer was drunk (or possibly
insane).

Having the planks align with the long dimension of a room is only a
GUIDELINE; in your case, violating the rule would seem appropriate.

As an alternative, separate the two rooms by a visual disconnect. Perhaps a
6" plank of marble or ceramic tile.