Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quick-step UNICLIC floor "tiles" any good?

I'm refitting my kitchen. I currently have ceramic tiles on the floor
that my wife does not like. She has come up with Quick-Step Quadra to
replace them. Apparently these are metre square tiles that click
together using so called UNICLIC technology. The brochure sounds too
good to be true, well it would.

Has anybody tried these tiles? If so what do you think of them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Cotton" wrote in message
I'm refitting my kitchen. I currently have ceramic tiles on the floor that
my wife does not like. She has come up with Quick-Step Quadra to replace
them. Apparently these are metre square tiles that click together using so
called UNICLIC technology. The brochure sounds too good to be true, well
it would.

Has anybody tried these tiles? If so what do you think of them?

Used Uniclic laminate flooring and it is a very good product, my guess would
be that the tiles would be the same - they conform to just about every
manufacturing standard there is .. they are the company that others are
judged by in flooring

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 04/04/2007 11:46 Adrian Cotton wrote:

Has anybody tried these tiles? If so what do you think of them?

Just put them down in stretcher bond pattern in the Utility Room.

Easy to click together and the 'Prato' design looks good (but do make
sure you mix the boxes to get a good distribution of the various
sub-patterns)!

No need for their 'special' Uniclic tapping block (I used a piece of
wood) but you do need the QuickStep underlay to keep the 25 year guarantee.

--
Frank