Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Local Houston Yong Man is a pretty good Woodworker

Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Now that will keep him out of bars at night and away from
wild women on the weekends.

Thx

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

This guy is good. He works from drawings. He has a super talent for
imaginative designs. He works well with curves and incorporates them in
places I never thought of. And he can do inlay work as well.

Make me feel like an old ham fisted cave man.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:23:36 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft

Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Pretty good is the understatement of the day. My first guess from his photos was he is mid to late twenties; but his release from the USMC suggests mid-thirties. Might have a future Sam Maloof here!
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 4/16/2013 3:23 PM, Leon wrote:
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Lots of talent clearly; other than the A&M and dining tables mostly too
'artsy' for my taste but that's nothing against the execution...I'd have
scaled-back the top on the round dining table as well--I'm like less is
more.

Reminds me of much of the work one sees in the boutiques in Sausalito,
etc., ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/2013 4:17 PM, RonB wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:23:36 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft

Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Pretty good is the understatement of the day. My first guess from his photos was he is mid to late twenties; but his release from the USMC suggests mid-thirties. Might have a future Sam Maloof here!

I have seen him a time or two ant the local store and he was at the
local WW show this past weekend demo'ing Laguna tools. I'd guess
30ish, he has lots of energy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

--

Yeah his work is not my cup of tea but he certainly is talented, I
prefer a bit more functional.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/2013 4:23 PM, Leon wrote:
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Very impressive.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Well, yeah, but is he fast?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote:
Leon wrote:
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

Well, yeah, but is he fast?

Well look at how much he has in his gallery and how young he looks. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

This guy is good. He works from drawings. He has a super talent for
imaginative designs. He works well with curves and incorporates them in
places I never thought of. And he can do inlay work as well.

Make me feel like an old ham fisted cave man.

+1

The man has a unique mix of artistic and woodworking talents and is also
damned good at engineering his way out of the corners his artistic talent
gets him into.

Rare combination ...

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/17/2013 11:25 AM, Swingman wrote:
"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Self Taught and tends to hang out out my local Woodcraft
Check out his gallery too!

http://jeremygrubb.com/html_home.cfm...9151&load=html

This guy is good. He works from drawings. He has a super talent for
imaginative designs. He works well with curves and incorporates them in
places I never thought of. And he can do inlay work as well.

Make me feel like an old ham fisted cave man.

+1

The man has a unique mix of artistic and woodworking talents and is also
damned good at engineering his way out of the corners his artistic talent
gets him into.

Rare combination ...

HEY! Are you on a break? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

HEY! Are you on a break? LOL

LOL. AAMOF, exactly. Demo is over. Keeping one eye on the plumber putting
in a shower tower, and another on the tile guys.

Supervising is much easier than demo on old bones.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/17/2013 11:45 AM, Swingman wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

HEY! Are you on a break? LOL

LOL. AAMOF, exactly. Demo is over. Keeping one eye on the plumber putting
in a shower tower, and another on the tile guys.

Supervising is much easier than demo on old bones.

And your third eye is reading the REC? LOL