Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Specialty Door Revisited

Taking the cue from Ed's previous post, about the small door installed on a tree hole
http://gawker.com/5992946/san-franci...-found-in-tree

I made one, with a few extras, to fit between tree roots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

It's been donated to the Master Gardeners for their fund raiser, coming up April 20th.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

Taking the cue from Ed's previous post, about the small door installed on a tree hole
http://gawker.com/5992946/san-franci...-found-in-tree

I made one, with a few extras, to fit between tree roots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

It's been donated to the Master Gardeners for their fund raiser, coming up April 20th.

Sonny

Great. Some of those projects are more fun that the big ones.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
Taking the cue from Ed's previous post, about the small door installed on a tree hole
http://gawker.com/5992946/san-franci...-found-in-tree

Cute. Think you should add a mini-mailbox with the name A.Squirrel
printed on it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:07:00 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Great. Some of those projects are more fun that the big ones.

Yep, it was fun. And similarly as the response to the San Francisco door was, part of the fun is knowing/anticipating the positive response it will get, later. I've had similar anticipated and resulting responses from children who have recieved the child rockers I donate to fund raisers and to children, of poverty status, to whom I give chairs to.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:36:17 AM UTC-6, Upscale wrote:
Cute. Think you should add a mini-mailbox with the name A.Squirrel printed on it.

Yep, any little tidbit of accessory or "something different" appeal, to promote catching one's attention. The ladies mentioned the doorways would likely attract the attention of many buyers.... hinting I should make more!? Similarly, the small wheel barrows I donated last fall caught many gardener's eye as quaint and unique. Several of the women master gardeners want one for themselves, so I have these on my list of to-dos.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/3/2013 5:49 PM, Sonny wrote:
Taking the cue from Ed's previous post, about the small door installed on a tree hole
http://gawker.com/5992946/san-franci...-found-in-tree

I made one, with a few extras, to fit between tree roots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

It's been donated to the Master Gardeners for their fund raiser, coming up April 20th.

A master of whimsy, you are ... really love that kind of stuff, along
with the attitude/mindset it takes to bring it to life.

Well done!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/3/2013 5:49 PM, Sonny wrote:
Taking the cue from Ed's previous post, about the small door installed on a tree hole
http://gawker.com/5992946/san-franci...-found-in-tree

I made one, with a few extras, to fit between tree roots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

It's been donated to the Master Gardeners for their fund raiser, coming up April 20th.

Sonny

This one I love, piratical and cute. No room for junk mail! LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...n/photostream/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:33:46 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:
A master of whimsy, you are ... really love that kind of stuff, along with the attitude/mindset it takes to bring it to life. Well done!

I've had lots of practice with whimsy and the like. Having no children, many of my past "token" projects were for nieces and nephews, as they were growing up. These days, I now unload these tokens on their children. One once requested a Harry Potter magic wand.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, April 5, 2013 2:55:10 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
This one I love, piratical and cute. No room for junk mail! LOL http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...n/photostream/

Thanks. I was happy it came out as well as it did. The first attempt didn't have an inner wood core and the main body distorted all sorts of ways, when trying to add other aspects to it. An inner wood core is a must.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/6/2013 9:04 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, April 5, 2013 2:55:10 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
This one I love, piratical and cute. No room for junk mail! LOL http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...n/photostream/

Thanks. I was happy it came out as well as it did. The first attempt didn't have an inner wood core and the main body distorted all sorts of ways, when trying to add other aspects to it. An inner wood core is a must.

Sonny

Ahhh that makes perfect sense, that darn 20/20 hind site is wonerful
huh? I'd of tried it hollow first too. LOL