Ken Moiarty

Default Anti-slam / door damper devices? [revisited...]

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

[...] You don't have a door problem, you have a behavior problem.

Well, yes, I know that this problem is a people-behavior problem, not
door-behavior problem! But people, being what they are, have to be
motivated to change in order to "repair" (as it were) their behavior. On
the other hand, a behavior problem can be occasionally _managed_
effectively with the application of some form of technology (provided the
people involved aren't so overly uncooperative as to actively sabotage it,
that is, of course). Hence my motivation for resurrecting this thread.

Once again, I'm looking for any advice or information to assist me (as a
mere consumer) in obtaining, either a "door check" device (as shown at
www.dictator.com), or an OEM door product incorporating same. Thanks.

Ken

Robert Bonomi

In article mmkte.1743618$6l.722723@pd7tw2no,
Ken Moiarty wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

[...] You don't have a door problem, you have a behavior problem.

Well, yes, I know that this problem is a people-behavior problem, not
door-behavior problem! But people, being what they are, have to be
motivated to change in order to "repair" (as it were) their behavior. On
the other hand, a behavior problem can be occasionally _managed_
effectively with the application of some form of technology (provided the
people involved aren't so overly uncooperative as to actively sabotage it,
that is, of course). Hence my motivation for resurrecting this thread.

Once again, I'm looking for any advice or information to assist me (as a
mere consumer) in obtaining, either a "door check" device (as shown at
www.dictator.com), or an OEM door product incorporating same. Thanks.

any large home-improvement store, or _good_ hardware store -- that carries
replacement parts for 'screen doors' should have such devices.

Also, google for 'hydraulic door closer'.

Mike

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:14:10 GMT, "Ken Moiarty"
wrote:

Once again, I'm looking for any advice or information to assist me (as a
mere consumer) in obtaining, either a "door check" device (as shown at
www.dictator.com), or an OEM door product incorporating same. Thanks.

As has been suggested, a closer for a screen door or storm door may do
the trick.
If you need something more substantial check with a metal door
company. They have all kinds of funky door stuff for use on
commercial buildings.

Mike O.