Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Specialty Door

Saw this on another newsgroup. I bet is was a real fun project for
someone.

What would have been a professional way to carve the shape of this
door for a good fit?

http://gawker.com/5992946/san-franci...-found-in-tree
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 29, 2013 9:15:56 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
What would have been a professional way to carve the shape of this door for a good fit?

Well, making and testing a few templates, at least, but I suppose the Keebler pros don't and won't disclose their professional secrets. It appears to be the work of a Keebler apprentice and nicely done, despite this.

The work was most likely done under cover of darkness, hence contributing to the lesser quality of work, since, to have done the work during daylight hours would more likely have resulted in the apprentice being arrested, by some idiot, for defacing (the idiot's term) public property.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 07:40:36 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Friday, March 29, 2013 9:15:56 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
What would have been a professional way to carve the shape of this door for a good fit?

Well, making and testing a few templates, at least, but I suppose the Keebler pros don't and won't disclose their professional secrets. It appears to be the work of a Keebler apprentice and nicely done, despite this.

The work was most likely done under cover of darkness, hence contributing to the lesser quality of work, since, to have done the work during daylight hours would more likely have resulted in the apprentice being arrested, by some idiot, for defacing (the idiot's term) public property.

Sonny

Considering how our justice system sometimes works, I can see the door
guy getting 5 years for defacing a national park structure. I hope he
is watching from afar and enjoying the little fun brought to others.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

More if the prosecutor is ambitious, piles 47 additional charges, each
carrying a sentence of 10 years, in with the original, baseless or not;
then offering a plea bargain for five years, or take the chance of some
jury finding him guilty of 48.

Lawyer's, gaming the justice system as their business model for fame and
fortune.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net