Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Totally Turning on Fine Woodworking site

Totally Turning runs in conjunction with my club's annual woodworking show,
Woodworkers Showcase, in Saratoga Springs, NY... it was held this past
weekend and there is a short article on the Fine Woodworking web site.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...y-turning-2013

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:52:50 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:
Totally Turning runs in conjunction with my club's annual woodworking show, Woodworkers Showcase, in Saratoga Springs, NY... it was held this past weekend and there is a short article on the Fine Woodworking web site. http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...y-turning-2013

That's some pretty amazing work. I think I recall your posting the event in the past. Was it your 2 sons that won awards for their projects at this event?

I search for more pics, but found only this article, with video on page 2.
http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=2

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote in message

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:52:50 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:
Totally Turning runs in conjunction with my club's annual woodworking
show, Woodworkers Showcase, in Saratoga Springs, NY... it was held this
past weekend and there is a short article on the Fine Woodworking web
site. http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...y-turning-2013

That's some pretty amazing work. I think I recall your posting the event
in the past. Was it your 2 sons that won awards for their projects at this
event?

I search for more pics, but found only this article, with video on page 2.
http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=2

Sonny

Yes, my sons and I have won ribbons there...

This "box" by Brad Conklin (from my chapter) is amazing....
http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2...1050393624.txt
Be sure to watch the video!

Here is another article that is about Showcase in general
http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2...5688720013.txt

Here is a gallery of winning pieces from the 2012 show
http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/12winners01.htm There is a link on the
bottom to go to the next page (I've been told it's not too obvious...).
Through a paperwork error my son's lap desk was missed by the
photographer... I posted some photos on ABPW.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:44:21 AM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:
Through a paperwork error my son's lap desk was missed by the photographer... I posted some photos on ABPW.

Text: He makes these for his girlfriends...

Girlfriends, plural! Must be the long hair and whiskers.

Good job.

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/12winners01.htm

And Michelle's (Your daughter?) collage, also. The individual link wouldn't open for me, for some reason. Neat!! ^5 to Michelle.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:44:21 AM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:
Through a paperwork error my son's lap desk was missed by the
photographer... I posted some photos on ABPW.

Text: He makes these for his girlfriends...

Girlfriends, plural! Must be the long hair and whiskers.

It's a serial thing.... he's taking a break at the moment. Doesn't
understand them. ;~)

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/12winners01.htm
And Michelle's (Your daughter?) collage, also. The individual link
wouldn't open for me, for some reason. Neat!! ^5 to Michelle.

Wife... it's a quilt block made out of wood.