Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Totally Turning on Fine Woodworking site

"Sonny" wrote in message

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:52:50 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:
Totally Turning runs in conjunction with my club's annual woodworking
show, Woodworkers Showcase, in Saratoga Springs, NY... it was held this
past weekend and there is a short article on the Fine Woodworking web
site. http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...y-turning-2013

That's some pretty amazing work. I think I recall your posting the event
in the past. Was it your 2 sons that won awards for their projects at this
event?

I search for more pics, but found only this article, with video on page 2.
http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=2

Sonny

Yes, my sons and I have won ribbons there...

This "box" by Brad Conklin (from my chapter) is amazing....
http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2...1050393624.txt
Be sure to watch the video!

Here is another article that is about Showcase in general
http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2...5688720013.txt

Here is a gallery of winning pieces from the 2012 show
http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/12winners01.htm There is a link on the
bottom to go to the next page (I've been told it's not too obvious...).
Through a paperwork error my son's lap desk was missed by the
photographer... I posted some photos on ABPW.