Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sure sign maybe you've done too much woodworking?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

(and no, it was never used to hammer nails or pointed objects ...)

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

(and no, it was never used to hammer nails or pointed objects ...)

You done killed a deadblow hammer??

You Beast! You Animal! Remind me to not get on your bad side. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2013 4:56 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

(and no, it was never used to hammer nails or pointed objects ...)

You done killed a deadblow hammer??

You Beast! You Animal! Remind me to not get on your bad side. ;-)

Maybe a little more time on precision measurments? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, March 18, 2013 2:26:32 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

(and no, it was never used to hammer nails or pointed objects ...)

--

eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com

Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts

http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/

KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

You shoulda made a nice sandwich.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/18/2013 5:06 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Maybe a little more time on precision measurments? ;-)

LOL ... as in "pound to fit"?? LOL

Au contraire ... actually, it is just the opposite. The act of actually
wearing out a dead blow hammer is what allows me to make the following
observation.

The more initial precision in the fitting of parts, the greater the
likelihood of some difficulty in getting them apart when testing a joint
for fit.

Add just an imperceptible bow in the components of a joint of any
length, and a tap with a dead blow hammer to disassemble is an
indispensable part of test fitting.

And of course, apparently sub par material used in this day and age,
even in an Estwing tool, is partly to blame.