Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thinking of getting a new TS, Right tilt or Left tilt?

OK, ;~) I probably have that covered.

Actually I am looking for experience with 3 different saws that I am
considering. I am workinging working with a Jet JTAS cabinet saw, left
tilt. ths saw sets on a 3 wheel dull mobile base that I love. The saw
also has a fold up/fold down 15 roller out feed that has not supports
legs and is totally supported by the saw cabinet. I love that too.

I am looking for a saw with a true honest to goodness riving knife plus
other better features to help justify the cost of upgrading.

Number 1 choice would be a SawStop Professional of Industrial saw. Also
considering a Laguna TSS.

The SawStop Professional should be the equivalent to current saw however
it's rip fence is shorter and it seems lighter weight than my saw.

The SawStop Industrial Is physically larger, table wise, and about 50%
heavier, the trunnion is massive compared to the Professional version.

Over and above mine, They both offer a riving knife and the blade brake
feature.

The Laguna TSS is a different beast altogether and if some one owns one
I would love to hear details.

Over and above my saw this thing weighs about 1,000 lbs. It has a
sliding table that is the entire surface immediately left of the blade.
This thing has a 48" cross cut capacity and 50" rip capacity It has
scoring blades and it has the riving knife.

Regardless of which saw I pick the saw must be mobile.

Pricing for these saws equipped the way I would want one would be about
$3500, $4600, and $5800 respectively.

Oh, I want to sell my Jet cabinet saw so if any one in the Houston area
is interested, let me know.

Any thoughts from SawStop or Laguna owner/users?