Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Brian at garage woodworks

IIRC you have a PM 2000 TS. If so, does your saw have the arbor lock
for one wrench blade changes? I am looking to get a saw with a riving
knife and am looking at the 2000 and the SawStop.

Do you have any problems with tightening with a dado set?

My current saw, a Jet cabinet saw uses two wrenches. Oddly when
tightening if I tighten the right wrench the right side of the stack
will some times spin a bit causing the carbide teeth to come in contact
with each other, Forrest Dado King. To prevent this I turn the wrench
on the left side and the situation corrects itself. Odd. I am
concerned that with an arbor lock I might have a bit more trouble
keeping the blades teeth spaced properly.

And or can you still use 2 wrenches.

Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 1, 2013 6:09:15 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
IIRC you have a PM 2000 TS. If so, does your saw have the arbor lock

for one wrench blade changes?

Yes. Single wrench. It has a tab on the left side that you slide into a groove which locks the arbor.

I am looking to get a saw with a riving

knife and am looking at the 2000 and the SawStop.

Do you have any problems with tightening with a dado set?

I use a Freud dial-a-dado with no major problems. I usually make the teeth contact slightly on the opposite side. As I tighten the wrench the outside blade will spin slightly away from where I made them contact originally. Seems to work ok. I hope that made sense.

My current saw, a Jet cabinet saw uses two wrenches. Oddly when

tightening if I tighten the right wrench the right side of the stack

will some times spin a bit causing the carbide teeth to come in contact

with each other, Forrest Dado King. To prevent this I turn the wrench

on the left side and the situation corrects itself. Odd. I am

concerned that with an arbor lock I might have a bit more trouble

keeping the blades teeth spaced properly.

And or can you still use 2 wrenches.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/1/2013 7:24 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Ok Leon, let me spend your money for you...
Festool... tools
Saw Stop... compliments them in quality and price.
It's simple...
Now if you don't want the saw stop... you can always send it my way.
I'll take the 3hp pro.
And thanks.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/1/2013 6:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/1/2013 7:24 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The SawStop is pulling ahead in the hunt, specifically I think the one
you mentioned.
Wanna buy a Jet JTAS left tilt with 50" rip capacity, mobile base, and
out feed roller?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/1/2013 7:24 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote:
[...]