Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] brian@garagewoodworks.com is offline

Default Ping Brian at garage woodworks

On Friday, March 1, 2013 6:09:15 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
IIRC you have a PM 2000 TS. If so, does your saw have the arbor lock

for one wrench blade changes?

Yes. Single wrench. It has a tab on the left side that you slide into a groove which locks the arbor.

I am looking to get a saw with a riving

knife and am looking at the 2000 and the SawStop.

Do you have any problems with tightening with a dado set?

I use a Freud dial-a-dado with no major problems. I usually make the teeth contact slightly on the opposite side. As I tighten the wrench the outside blade will spin slightly away from where I made them contact originally. Seems to work ok. I hope that made sense.

My current saw, a Jet cabinet saw uses two wrenches. Oddly when

tightening if I tighten the right wrench the right side of the stack

will some times spin a bit causing the carbide teeth to come in contact

with each other, Forrest Dado King. To prevent this I turn the wrench

on the left side and the situation corrects itself. Odd. I am

concerned that with an arbor lock I might have a bit more trouble

keeping the blades teeth spaced properly.

And or can you still use 2 wrenches.

Thanks