Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TV Stand is coming along

Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned
on(why?)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:52:00 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:16:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Part 1: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all Part 2: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75 Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

Videos are nice for How-to's but it seems like too much work (for me) to watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:38:41 PM UTC-5, SonomaProducts.com wrote:
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:16:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Part 1: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all Part 2: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75 Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

Videos are nice for How-to's but it seems like too much work (for me) to watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

I wish I had your confidence in knowing that there is nothing I could learn by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I love woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along the way. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Actually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or both.

Cheers!
Posted to rec.woodworking

I wish I had your confidence in knowing that there is nothing I could learn by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching.... Actually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or both. Cheers!

I have seen that you have a passion to teach and that is laudable. However, this seemed to say "I have a new project tell me what you think". You asked for critique. As is quite comon the critique was not on the specifc item you requested but critique non-the-less.

Also, personal preference, I really don't like watching videos unless there is some specifc thing that can't be shown any other way. It is usually the case that the vidoe takes 10 minutes to describe something that one picture and a few words could have accomplished in a few seconds. They usually also leave all the sound from the power machinery which is really annoying.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/27/2013 10:16 AM, wrote:
Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I think a dust collector might make the shop look more tidy. AND get
one of these,

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/208...e-brush-1.aspx

I just switched from an acid brush and am not looking back. These
brushes will hold quite a bit of glue and are a snap to clean before or
after the glue dries.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:56:39 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/27/2013 10:16 AM, wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I think a dust collector might make the shop look more tidy. AND get

YES! I do desperately need a dust collector. My biggest fear is getting nasal cancer. I saw a guy a few years back in a Dairy Queen who lost half his nose cancer and was wearing a prosthetic. He said he use to drive a truck that was filled with sawdust or contained saw dusty items (can't remember). I always think of that guy when I get the slightest nose irritation after woodworking.

one of these,

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/208...e-brush-1.aspx

I don't know about that. I like to just bend down and pick up a piece of scrap for a glue spreader; they are easy to find in my shop

I just switched from an acid brush and am not looking back. These

brushes will hold quite a bit of glue and are a snap to clean before or

after the glue dries.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:52:59 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

[...]

Looks good Brian, using Firefox there is an addon called no script
which lets you select what sites can run script. It's amazing how
many sites just don't work with out java. It is nice to only turn on
as much as you need to.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Facebook and YouTube are two biggies that require it (not that I use Facebook). I leave mine turned on all the time and rely on my Firewall/virus protection. Anecdotal, but I've never had a problem as a result of doing so and I don't know anyone that's run into trouble either. On my video page it isn't actually my script that is using javascript, but BlipTV that requires it for their video viewer.

Thanks for commenting!

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all
Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75
Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!
....http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
wrote:

Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all
Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75
Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)
Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for
the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will
reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!
...http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js

Near as I can tell, the webpage will leave 2 cookies on your machine as
well.He must have forgot to mention that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!

...http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js

What is that? And how is this relevant?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:07:50 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:

wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for

the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will

reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!

...http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js

Near as I can tell, the webpage will leave 2 cookies on your machine as

well.He must have forgot to mention that.

No cookies are used on my video page. I do however use cookies elsewhere. See my privacy policy which is published on my website:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/privacy.php
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all
Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75
Almost done. Critiques welcomed.
I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned
on(why?)
Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.
Was the pejorative necessary?
Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!

...http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js

What is that? And how is this relevant?

My browser downloaded it from your website. I just didn't run it. I
couldn't make stuff like that up! : )
I'll double-check if you want.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all
Part 2:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75
Almost done. Critiques welcomed.
I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned
on(why?)
Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.
Was the pejorative necessary?
Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!

...http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js

What is that? And how is this relevant?

I see you changed your page. It's not even taking cookies now.

As you invited us to your webpage. You made it's content relevant.
Posting "your policies" in the form of a php script seems like rubbish
(to me)!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I couldn't read it because your page requires Javascript to be turned

on(why?)

Because the page uses javascript. It's too much work to code for the few knuckleheads that have it turned off.

Was the pejorative necessary?

Denigrating a potential audience is counter-productive, and will reduce your advertising income.

This must be the varmint here!

...http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...how_afd_ads.js

What is that? And how is this relevant?

My browser downloaded it from your website. I just didn't run it. I

couldn't make stuff like that up! : )

I'll double-check if you want.

That file does not exist on my website. And the link you posted is not my website. Nor do I refer any user to the link you posted.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

I'm suspect it just got "ajax'ed" in. I am not an expert (that's why
I'm careful). Blame Mozilla; I just chose "View Page Info".

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Here is the GarageWoodworks policy, for anyone who wants to read it:

*GARAGEWOODWORKS WEBSITE DISCLAIMER*

For the purposes of this disclaimer detailed below, "you" refers to the
reader/visitor/viewer of this website (gargewoodworks.com).

*No warranties*

This website is provided "as is" without any representations or
warranties, express or implied. GarageWoodworks and Brian Grella make no
representations or warranties in relation to this website or the
information and materials provided on this website.

Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph,
GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella do not warrant that:

* this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
* the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or
non-misleading.

*Limitations of liability*

GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella will not be liable to you (whether under
the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the
contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:

* for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
* for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or
anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships,
loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information
or data.

These limitations of liability apply even if GarageWoodworks or Brian
Grella has been expressly advised of the potential loss.

You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against
GarageWoodworks or Brian Grella in respect of any losses you suffer in
connection with the website.

You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GarageWoodworks.com or Brian
Grella from and against any personal injury, damages, costs and
expenses, including any legal fees, potentially resulting from the
application of any of the information provided by GarageWoodworks.com or
Brian Grella. This disclaimer applies to any damages or injury caused by
any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus,
communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access
to, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence,
or under any other cause of action.

*Reasonableness*

By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of
liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.

If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.

*Unenforceable provisions*

If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be,
unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the
enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.

*This website disclaimer*

Some of this website disclaimer is based on a precedent created by
template-contracts.co.uk http://www.template-contracts.co.uk/ and
published by freenetlaw.com http://www.freenetlaw.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Which page of mine did you "View Page Info" on where that link appears?

Paste the url here.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

You've changed your page tonight. It's not there now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Please! It never was there. You are living up to my original thoughts of you up in the thread.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

I see you removed your BlipTV stuff from your page (why???). Maybe it
got ajaxed from there. If you'll look through several years
of my posts, you'll see I'm not a fabricator.//If BlipTV is not to be
trusted, maybe you owe the group an apology--even if you feel you
are adequately protected by your policy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Sorryto say it, but your "policy"speaks for itself. I marked the page
"untrusted".
Of course, I don't confuse the page with the person.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Just a thought, but your videos have ads. Assuming the ads are generated
by a third party, they might be bringing their own dance partners to the
party.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I don't think BlipTV has any association with Google (per his link he accused me of directing people to). BlipTV and Google Ads are competitors, not partners.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)

--

http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Replace your BlipTV code and I'll check my browser for the link again
(or you can do the same)...

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)

--

http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Oy vey!! Bill - Don't go to my web page anymore. Do me a favor and e-mail me your IP address and I will physically block you from accessing it again and save you the accidental trouble of stopping by.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Don't get mad at the messenger for the message. Instead of saying "it's
too much work", work on being responsible! Maybe if you rewrite your
"not responsible for a damn thing" policy, it will motivate you!

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?videou

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I think a dust collector might make the shop look more tidy. AND get

YES! I do desperately need a dust collector. My biggest fear is getting
nasal cancer. I saw a guy a few years back in a Dairy Queen who lost
half his nose cancer and was wearing a prosthetic. He said he use to
drive a truck that was filled with sawdust or contained saw dusty items
(can't remember). I always think of that guy when I get the slightest
nose irritation after woodworking.

one of these,

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/208...e-brush-1.aspx

I don't know about that. I like to just bend down and pick up a piece of
scrap for a glue spreader; they are easy to find in my shop

I was skeptical too but they do a much better job spreading the glue than I
ever would have thought. Not a big investment, you should give it a try.
They hold the glue well enough that I have less of a problem with the glue
dripping down the edge of a board even though the brush is wider than the
board edge.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

If you block me, I can't help you keep your page "clean". It seems
like people running web pages like you are ought to be policed. I
didn't charge you anything for the help I gave you tonight.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

And what is your message Mr. Messenger? I never got it.

I am not going to jump through hoops because a very limited number of people are afraid to turn on javascript. YOU are the one that needs to jump through the hoops if you choose to turn it off. Don't like it? Don't go to my site and the millions of others that don't appease your fears and needs. Simple.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

Just a thought, but your videos have ads. Assuming the ads are generated
by a third party, they might be bringing their own dance partners to the
party.

Of course that is the case. Bill is just being exceedingly silly/foolish
about this.

Cookies are cookies, there is really no difference between first party and
third party cookies except who left them. Some cookies are left as a matter
of course by a visit to a website that has ads by the advertisers
themselves, not by direct action of the website owner.These "third party"
cookies can be blocked by the user in most browsers, or by add-ons.
Although they are basically benign for all practical purposes, they are
used for tracking as it is possible for the advertiser to use its
"third-party" cookie to identify a visit as you move from one site with its
ads to another site with its ads.

It is up to Bill to wise up and learn to protect himself on the Internet,
not Brian. Neither Momma, nor government, can't take care of you forever.
Inform yourself, quit blaming others, and learn to protect yourself.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/28/2013 6:46 AM, Swingman wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

[...]

It was revealed however that Brian is not familiar with all of the
technology (scripts) that he was using at this web site, and that it was
"too much work" for him to care. That culminates my public service
announcement.
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

[...]

I mean terminates, not "culminates".
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/28/2013 6:35 AM, Bill wrote:

It was revealed however that Brian is not familiar with all of the
technology (scripts) that he was using at this web site, and that it was
"too much work" for him to care. That culminates my public service
announcement.

Bull****, Bill.

Once again, that is your job, and decision, NOT his. If you don't want
to deal with client side JS, turn it off on your end!

You will lose certain benefits, and with ALL benefits come risks ... it
is your decision, and yours ONLY, to weight those benefits against any
risks, NOT his.

Quit yerbitching and blaming Brian, and stand on your own two feet in
this regard ... that is the reality of the situation.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Belated Merry Christmas. Best Wishes For The Coming YearGiven the state of the economy, I'm betting a lot of Christmas gifts - came from your lathe(s) - and that you found being a Santa's Elf fun and satisfying. I hope the coming year is more prosep charlie b Woodturning 1 December 29th 10 02:12 AM
LCD stand Upscale Woodworking 9 August 1st 08 02:37 AM
tv stand Joe Woodworking Plans and Photos 5 January 12th 08 07:08 PM
Stand-off Walter R. Home Repair 7 August 21st 06 11:21 AM
What does "BOC" stand for? Ron Home Repair 6 December 12th 04 03:49 PM