Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chair wood filler

I have a really nice (in its day) wood and leather chair. The sides are C
shaped, and made of some sort of springy strong steam formed wood. The seat
is leather. In its day, I imagine it was spendy. Good comfortable chair,
and leather is good.

Someone had a puppy, and one of the arms has chew marks. On the underside,
they are deeper, up to quarter inch. I don't want to restore this to as new
shape, just fill in the holes, shape, sand, and put some matching
stain/varnish over it. I know there are common wood fillers. Is that what
I would use, or is there something stronger, maybe epoxy based, or some
other type that has a little more holding power in an area where this might
flex?

Anyone know what a chair like that might be worth? I got it free at a yard
sale with some other "stuff".

I really like the chair.

Steve

wood filler: sal[_2_] Woodworking 5 July 17th 12 05:24 PM
Wood filler blackbat UK diy 12 March 6th 10 10:50 AM
Filler For Cracked/Rotted Wood - Mr Mack's Wood Fix Equivalent abby Home Repair 5 July 26th 08 04:31 AM
Wood Filler For Exterior Wood Patching ? Robert11 Home Repair 4 March 4th 07 09:04 PM
Wood filler Dave Woodworking 11 October 27th 06 10:09 PM