Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Chair wood filler

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 2/15/2013 4:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
I have a really nice (in its day) wood and leather chair. The sides are
shaped, and made of some sort of springy strong steam formed wood. The
seat
is leather. In its day, I imagine it was spendy. Good comfortable
chair,
and leather is good.

Someone had a puppy, and one of the arms has chew marks. On the
underside,
they are deeper, up to quarter inch. I don't want to restore this to as
new
shape, just fill in the holes, shape, sand, and put some matching
stain/varnish over it. I know there are common wood fillers. Is that
what
I would use, or is there something stronger, maybe epoxy based, or some
other type that has a little more holding power in an area where this
might
flex?

Anyone know what a chair like that might be worth? I got it free at a
yard
sale with some other "stuff".

I really like the chair.

Steve

How much did you pay for it?

Nothing. The openings to the two C sides are facing rearward, so there is a
hand rest. The wood is about 3/4" thick, and 2.5" wide, looks like layered.
Nice springy seat, and soft cushion. Might be Bruno Mathsson, not labeled,
but that style.

Steve