Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jet introduces incredibly large lathe

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:44:42 -0600, Leon wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

I was all set to order one...

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:wr2dnd5AU-
:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

All they need is a set of turning tools that you can put on a tractor
bucket and you'll be set! Nothing like "Real Man" turning.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/15/2013 3:44 PM, Leon wrote:
Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

Remarkably, they can offer that at $800 price-point...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

If I only had a shop with a 40+ foot ceiling.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

Further evidence the proofreading is for wimps!

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:44:42 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

Question.
I'm going to turn some 19' columns on it. Do I run it at the full
3600 rpm?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

Turning Man at Burning Man ...

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

Question.
I'm going to turn some 19' columns on it. Do I run it at the full
3600 rpm?

I believe it's always a good idea to start slow until the piece is round,
then you can run it at whatever speed you want.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

FInally, I can turn those telephone poles that have been lying around
the yard into useful table legs.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/15/2013 11:23 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Good catch.

Look at the spec data on the right of the page - lists inches.

Yeahbut... I wonder if some clown will file a lawsuit over that error
looking to pick up a free lathe.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

FInally, I can turn those telephone poles that have been lying around
the yard into useful table legs.

Yeah if only the power companies would turn the poles a final time they
would look so much better. :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

Remember Tom Plamann's huge shop-built lathe? For turing
architectural columns.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/wood...g-lathe/719200

Remember Tom Plamann's huge shop-built lathe? For turing
architectural columns.

Yes! I don't think it had that 12' tall capacity however. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsn...h#.USe7WWd3Ezg