Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Bit Of A Silly Question

I was building some panel doors and cut the stiles a bit short. I then cut th rails a bit longer to compensate. what I now have are doors with horizontal pieces with lengths that are the full width of the door and vertical pieces whose length fit between the horizontal pieces.
Are the vertical pieces still considered as stiles?
Are the horizontal pieces still called rails?
Is it their location in the door or the way they fit?
BTW the recipient of the gift has not noticed.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/14/2013 4:02 PM, wrote:

Are the vertical pieces still considered as stiles?
Are the horizontal pieces still called rails?
Is it their location in the door...

Yes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

I was building some panel doors and cut the stiles a bit short. I then cut
th rails a bit longer to compensate. what I now have are doors with
horizontal pieces with lengths that are the full width of the door and
vertical pieces whose length fit between the horizontal pieces.
Are the vertical pieces still considered as stiles?
Are the horizontal pieces still called rails?
Is it their location in the door or the way they fit?
BTW the recipient of the gift has not noticed.

The labels shouldn't change.... rails are horizontal and stiles vertical by
definition.

A very silly question [email protected] UK diy 35 September 28th 06 09:44 AM
Will this work? VFD question. Silly. Eric R Snow Metalworking 10 December 4th 05 08:08 PM
Another silly tiling question... Stu Pittasso Home Repair 2 February 20th 05 02:48 AM
Silly Question Richard UK diy 6 September 12th 04 10:19 PM
very silly question about meths May UK diy 55 September 18th 03 12:16 AM