Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sushi plate plans from magazine?

Does anyone remember color plans for a sushi serving platter that
appeared in one of magazines a few years ago? I've found the one from
Woodcraft Magazine (2007) but the plans I'm looking for had an open,
grate-like top with angled feet. I'm sure I have the magazine - I
just can't find which issue. Any help will be appreciated.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/11/2013 3:35 PM, wrote:
sushi serving platter

Perhaps this one:

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/Ma...i_Set_327.aspx

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:50:15 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/11/2013 3:35 PM, wrote:
sushi serving platter

Perhaps this one:

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/Ma...i_Set_327.aspx

Exactly! Thank you!
Wow -- 12+ years ago. No wonder I couldn't find it, I've been looking
in the past 5 or 6 years.

Thanks again!
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
sushi serving platter

Perhaps this one:

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/Ma...i_Set_327.aspx

Exactly! Thank you!
Wow -- 12+ years ago. No wonder I couldn't find it, I've been looking
in the past 5 or 6 years.

Thanks again!

Oops. I hope that was a typo and not a math error -- should be 22
years. Now I really feel old.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 11, 2013 1:50:15 PM UTC-8, Swingman wrote:
On 1/11/2013 3:35 PM, wrote: sushi serving platter Perhaps this one: http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/Ma...i_Set_327.aspx -- eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/ KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Hmm, interesti ng design.

Trivia: The traditional sushi serving block is called a Geta. This comes from the name of Geshia's wooden sandles that have the same configuration plus some straps. Geta is somehow the Japanese word that they think mimicks the sound the sandles make. I would call it a clomp-clomp but whatever. If your sushi ever tastes like feet, maybe they are actually using a Geta. P.S. I post this comment about once a year, whenever sushi serving blocks are mentioned to prove how smart I am.