Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Summer's coming.

Poking around the puter and found the following from
the summer of 1981.

Took a 3 week, 1100 mile, sail from Cleveland to The North Channel
and back, passing by Sarnia, ON going up and coming back.

Rob and I swapped tales about that trip as well as another trip
to the Channel years later.

Below is the tale of events describing my return to the real world
on Monday morning.

Enjoy

Lew
Subject: Sailing Sans Clothing (Old: Real sailors don't wear
gloves...or do they?)

First time I went to the North Channel, took a 3 week vacation.

As an aside, I wear photo gray prescription lens, so don't need sun
glasses.

Upon my return to the office bright and early Monday morning, dressed
in
basic business suit blue, as was customary for this mega corporation,
was
greeted by my inside sales assistant, a black lady from Bermuda by the
name of Cheeks, who was known thru out the district, simply as Cheeks.

You did not mess with Cheeks, she could tidy up your thinking in a
hurry.

As Cheeks saw me enter the office, she started screaming at the top of
her lungs, "LUCIFER! ! ! WHAT happened to you?"

I removed my glasses revealing two white circles of skin around my
eyes
and surrounded by sun tanned skin, my normally sandy hair bleached
almost
white, and said, "Cheeks, you're looking at the only white spots on
this
honky body", a BIG grin on my face.

We laughed.

I was back in the real world.

Time to go to work.

Lew

There are no problems, only varying degrees of challenging
opportunity.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Richard" wrote:

I envy you that one, Lew.
Sounds like a fun trip.

Thanks.

As they say, the time spent sailing is not deducted from your
total life span.

Lew