Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dado Blades

Lacking a TS hasn't kept me from being interested in dado blades sets.

It appears that the Freud SD208 (and I assume the DeWalt DW7670 dado
blade set) are make out of thinner steel on the outside blades.

Besides for including a 3/32 cutter, whereas the sets above only go down
to 1/16, besides shims, I'm pretty sure that the Freud SD508 has
heavier steel on the outside. This seems to me like the feature which
is mostly likely to preclude tears (from the eyes) when the pieces don't
go together like they should, but what do I know...

Both of the former sets are priced in the vicinity of $85 and the SD508
is currently priced at $199.

Comments welcome (Mike already made me aware of the adjust-a-width SD-608).

In related news, I bought a Bosch ROS today for my wife. Tis the
season! ; ) And yes, if you had read another post I made, I got her
the ring that she wanted. I could of had a V8--oops, I mean a Freud
Adjust-A-Width SD-608 Dado Set! Wow, tears.. lol.

Cheers,
Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

In related news, I bought a Bosch ROS today for my wife. Tis the
season! ; )

Really? Bill - that is too cool! You are sick - just like me. When my son
asked what to buy my wife for Christmass a couple years ago, I suggested on
of those triangle sorta sanders because she was getting into refinishing and
kept talking about getting "power tools". Then, after that, she said she
wanted a "girly chainsaw" - since we put up firewood every year and we live
in the woods so there is always some kind of limb clean up going on. So I
bought her a "girly chainsaw" for Christmas. It was Stihl's smallest saw.
There ain't gonna be anything but a Stihl in my house... I've used that saw
(Stihl 170) and it is the cat's ass for limbing. So much easier than my saw
when you're up to your waist in tree limbs.

But... I digress. The point is Bill - ya done good!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 9:07*pm, Bill wrote:
[...]

We do it a little different at my house.

SWMBO and the kids (adults now) ask me what I want for Christmas. I
describe the latest tool that I want, including make, model, color and
trim package. ;-)

They say "Go buy it, put it under the tree and we'll pay you for it."
I do my part - buy, wrap, place under tree, open on Christmas morning.
Somehow, their part - the paying part - usually gets forgotten.

Oh well, I still end up with a new tool, so it's all good.

Happy Holidays to all, regardless of how (and which) you choose to
celebrate.

Freud Dado Blades k Woodworking 11 July 18th 08 03:07 PM
I did SO Google Dado blades! Robatoy Woodworking 41 September 7th 06 06:08 AM
I did SO Google dado blades. Robatoy Woodworking 0 September 5th 06 02:54 AM
Dado Blades – Need Recommendation joe2 Woodworking 19 November 1st 05 06:41 PM
dado blades Harry De Witt Woodworking 9 June 16th 04 09:57 PM