Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I did SO Google dado blades.

Such a plethora of wonderful advice and customary flames/disagreements.

Rick: I wish I had the space to put 'Bot in...and believe me, I can't
wait for the day, because it WILL happen. As always, thank you for your
input. (Morris is probably looking for Sterno tablets to fire up a
Stirling experiment...*G*)

Bottom line:

As always, you guys are the greatest source of information, bar none.

I almost lost my way when I suggested that I was interested in a low
cost alternative.
It's a couple-of-hundred smackeroonies. Period. *smacks self*

The Freud Dial-O-Matic appeals to me.So does the CMT pack.. Ridge is
not a good deal up here in Kanuckistan as is the Forrest...expensive.
Speed, simplicity of small adjustments makes that Dial-O-Job a good
choice for me. The materials I am using as 'shelves' varies by 1/32
plus/minus.... but that is usually over a whole sheet.

The flatness of the dado bottom is not as important to me as is the
accuracy of the width...but wobblers are too gross. (My ex was a
wobbler.. VERY gross. (sorry))

The routerbit solution would probably work just great if I didn't have
to make dados smaller than the smallest dado bit.

Again... thank you all so much.

Rob

Tim Daneluk Larry Blanchard Woodworking 266 February 16th 06 06:06 PM
Dado Blades – Need Recommendation Swingman Woodworking 1 November 16th 05 08:02 PM
eBay seller sent me his personal stock list AAvK Woodworking 14 March 2nd 05 11:18 PM
Dado batwings RickS Woodworking 8 January 18th 05 08:24 PM
dado blades Harry De Witt Woodworking 9 June 16th 04 09:57 PM