Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Dado Blades – Need Recommendation

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...
"Joseph Connors" wrote in message
I just searched Amazon under and it returned the item
with a price of $199.99. I guess they just raised the price a little.

Post your Amazon link ... the only price I see on Amazon, or any links

from
there, for the Freud SD-608 is still $249.99.

I've been wanting to give this "Freud SD-608" set a try considering the
miles of dado's I seem to cut in a year, mostly based on how damn tired I
get of dealing with the plethora of shims on my old Amana stack.

It seems Joseph was indeed remarkably prescient above, I am tickled to say.

The local Rockler here in Houston just sold one to me for $199.99 plus tax.

They were having an e-mail promotion of 20% off any one item (with a few
exclusions) and, although they originally quoted me $249.99, it came up at
the register for $259.99, but they honored the verbal quote.

$249.99, less the $50 discount, plus $16.50 tax = $216.49 ... precisely the
incentive I needed to make the jump.

So, thanks Joseph, for your precience, and Rockler for your good business
judgement.

On that note, the management and salesmen/girl at the local Rockler here in
Houston are indeed a fine bunch of folks, all knowledgeable woodworkers
themselves, and Texas friendly to a treat. Just to walk in and be greeted by
name is like going into the old Hardware store in the town of my childhood.

No affiliation ... just a satisfied customer who understands how rare that
is in this day and age!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joseph Connors

My pleasure! BTW, I just got done using the SD608 on close to 200 3/8"
dados on my Radial saw and it is sweet! It does leave some very minor
(~1/64") "wings" on the bottom egde of the dado, but other than that
perfectly flat, clean bottoms. The click adjustment is outstanding.
Miles ahead of shims. They give you a wall chart that tells you what
chippers and how many clicks to use to get a given width. I followed the
chart and it was right on.

Swingman wrote:
[...]

The New Golden Rule:
Those with the gold, make the rules!

Dado Blades – Need Recommendation joe2 Woodworking 19 November 1st 05 06:41 PM
eBay seller sent me his personal stock list AAvK Woodworking 14 March 2nd 05 11:18 PM
dado blades Harry De Witt Woodworking 9 June 16th 04 09:57 PM
Arrgh! No more Jesada Dado Blades DLGlos Woodworking 15 October 9th 03 02:42 PM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM