Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cabinet Hinges

Just bought a few euro hinges to play with as I had never seen any
actually installed. They look so NEAT! Then I remembered that every
cabinet in the house and shop are NOT overlay or inset, they are both.
3/8 of the door thickness is inside the opening and the rest is
outside. Was going to try them on the shop cabinets but they are the
same.

When we moved into this house SWMBO wanted the kitchen cabinets
repainted. I removed the hinges, handles and drawer pulls from 33
cabinets and no telling how many drawers for the painters, then put
them all back afterward. A year later she wanted to change out from
the bronzy hardware to the black iron look. That meant converting the
drawer pulls from two-holers to one-holers, filling the holes and
repainting. I took a hinge to the store and bought some just like
them--the zig-zag type--and started replacing them. The holes on the
door side fit, the face frame side did not quite fit. Pegged all the
old holes and drilled new ones.

I am not about to tell her about the blums. I hid them in the shop
before she saw them. Maybe I'll build something that can use them,
but again, maybe not
--
G.W. Ross

One way to stop a runaway horse is to
bet on him.

Cabinet hinges Jeff Thies Home Repair 2 August 21st 10 02:15 PM
Kitchen Cabinet Hinges mcp6453[_2_] Home Repair 2 January 6th 10 04:53 PM
Cabinet hinges SteveA Woodworking 11 May 18th 09 10:47 PM
European cabinet hinges, without a jig Andy Jeffries Woodworking 12 January 16th 06 08:29 PM
Hinges For Cabinet Door Steve Almond UK diy 5 December 12th 03 10:44 PM