Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The FESTOOL effect

I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in
like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.
Be careful out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in
like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.

What sort of items in particular?

Be careful out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line
in like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.
Be careful out there.

I dunno. I've got a coupon (you can have one too by visiting their website)
for the HF Multifunction Miracle Twitching Tool for $16.77!

That seems like a DROP in price...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in
like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.
Be careful out there.

I see the opposite. Take for instance, the Festool Multitool. I see the same
tool made by and/or for Rockwell, Craftsman, Harbor Freight, etc. at a much
lower price and yet to see any price increases. I would think the idea is to
offer lower pricing to beat the competition. That appears what I've been
seeing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote:
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in
like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.
Be careful out there.

I see the opposite. Take for instance, the Festool Multitool. I see the same
tool made by and/or for Rockwell, Craftsman, Harbor Freight, etc. at a much
lower price and yet to see any price increases. I would think the idea is to
offer lower pricing to beat the competition. That appears what I've been
seeing.

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?

--
www.ewoodshop.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?

Down boyG.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/14/2012 9:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Swingman" wrote:

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?

Down boyG.

Hell no ... I just might _need_ one!!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?

Easy there Karl. You don't want to get Leon all excited now...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/14/2012 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:
"Meanie" wrote:
[...]

Think of a green swiss army knife that includes a vacuum, HTH. :-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Meanie" wrote:
[...]

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message

I see the opposite. Take for instance, the Festool Multitool. I see the
same
tool made by and/or for Rockwell, Craftsman, Harbor Freight, etc. at a
much

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).

Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in
like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.
Be careful out there.

Been noticing that myself. Saw an email flyer from Rockler recently
advertising router tables ... cheapest one was a four legged metal stand,
MDF core top, and el cheapo fence, on -sale- for $500. Sheesh.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/14/2012 2:51 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately.
Especially on junk items.

Woodcraft especially.

What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in
like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other
manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will
think its a finer product.

I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket.
Be careful out there.

Or like every thing else, inflation is creating the price increases.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:24:49 -0600, Swingman wrote:

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).

Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.

Don't despair. I hear that Festool is going to be producing a home
builders truck that comes with a basic set of its tools.

They're still working out the sales price, but it's expected to sell
in the $700,000 range for the basic unit. Upgrade it with all the
options and you're looking close to a $Million.

Reserve your FOGTruck now ($50,000 deposit required), and they will
give you a Festool Christmas tree for free.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:24:49 -0600, Swingman wrote:

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).

Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.

Don't despair. I hear that Festool is going to be producing a home
builders truck that comes with a basic set of its tools.

They're still working out the sales price, but it's expected to sell
in the $700,000 range for the basic unit. Upgrade it with all the
options and you're looking close to a $Million.

Reserve your FOGTruck now ($50,000 deposit required), and they will
give you a Festool Christmas tree for free.

I was going to say, you could probably make a deal on a "Festool
Multi-tool" for $1999.99 down, 60 months/27.6625% APR.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Meanie" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message

I see the opposite. Take for instance, the Festool Multitool. I see the
same
tool made by and/or for Rockwell, Craftsman, Harbor Freight, etc. at a
much

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).

Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.

Festool appears to be the big name for inovative specialized woodworking
tool, I thought they were the first with the Multimaster.

The "F" thing threw me off. I knew the Multitool brand started with an F, I
just forgot which one. : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:24:49 -0600, Swingman wrote:

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).
Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.

Don't despair. I hear that Festool is going to be producing a home
builders truck that comes with a basic set of its tools.

They're still working out the sales price, but it's expected to sell
in the $700,000 range for the basic unit. Upgrade it with all the
options and you're looking close to a $Million.

Reserve your FOGTruck now ($50,000 deposit required), and they will
give you a Festool Christmas tree for free.

I was going to say, you could probably make a deal on a "Festool
Multi-tool" for $1999.99 down, 60 months/27.6625% APR.
--

But if they act now, they'll knock off one payment.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/15/2012 11:45 AM, Meanie wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:24:49 -0600, Swingman wrote:

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).
Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.

Don't despair. I hear that Festool is going to be producing a home
builders truck that comes with a basic set of its tools.

They're still working out the sales price, but it's expected to sell
in the $700,000 range for the basic unit. Upgrade it with all the
options and you're looking close to a $Million.

Reserve your FOGTruck now ($50,000 deposit required), and they will
give you a Festool Christmas tree for free.

I was going to say, you could probably make a deal on a "Festool
Multi-tool" for $1999.99 down, 60 months/27.6625% APR.
--

But if they act now, they'll knock off one payment.

But wait!!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Festool and IWF basilisk[_2_] Woodworking 181 September 9th 12 06:01 PM
Festool Chris UK diy 3 March 14th 08 03:14 PM
Festool r payne Woodworking 60 February 25th 08 04:31 PM
Festool TS-55 or Festool TS-75 Plunge Cut Saw [email protected] Woodworking 5 June 21st 07 09:16 AM
Festool Oldun Woodworking 1 July 27th 05 02:32 PM