Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Onward to the bandsaw ...

.... with the backrest blanks and next two photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...38318036909666

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

... with the backrest blanks and next two photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopMissionBarS
tool#5819638318036909666

+1

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2012 4:09 PM, Swingman wrote:

... with the backrest blanks and next two photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...38318036909666

Nice, do you always stain b4 the glue up? I didn't think you did.
Certainly a pain to mask, but a bigger pain if the joints squeeze out
and you can't stain evenly.

Looking good so far.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2012 3:09 PM, Swingman wrote:

... with the backrest blanks and next two photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...38318036909666

Nothing like a sacrificial template! I see that HTC foot still resides
on the saw. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2012 4:05 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 12/8/2012 4:09 PM, Swingman wrote:

... with the backrest blanks and next two photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...38318036909666

Nice, do you always stain b4 the glue up? I didn't think you did.
Certainly a pain to mask, but a bigger pain if the joints squeeze out
and you can't stain evenly.

Looking good so far.

Staining before glue up makes the process go much faster, No corners or
cracks to have to force the stain in to.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/9/2012 8:15 AM, Leon wrote:

Nothing like a sacrificial template! I see that HTC foot still resides
on the saw. ;~)

LOL ... had me wondering there for a second. Yep, the dangers of a small
shop ... the shop dummy keeps bumping into sharp corners.

AAMOF, I found the other two in a box a few weeks back. Now have a pair
of spares.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 09:15:17 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 12/9/2012 8:15 AM, Leon wrote:

Nothing like a sacrificial template! I see that HTC foot still resides
on the saw. ;~)

LOL ... had me wondering there for a second. Yep, the dangers of a small
shop ... the shop dummy keeps bumping into sharp corners.

AAMOF, I found the other two in a box a few weeks back. Now have a pair
of spares.

Looks really good, kind of project which would drive me nuts as I seem
to just have short amounts of time to work lately. My girlfriend used
to always ask why I had so many bruises, till I shower her my shop.
Since I expanded the shop my injury level is way down. As I get a
chance to rearrange and store things I'm finding tools I thought were
lost.

Mike M