Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Thief Visits

About a month or so ago, we discussed T1-11 siding for someone's shed and I was one who commented, with regard to my garage and shop T1-11 siding. That thread spurred me to dress up the interior of my garage, reprime and repaint.

Yestersay, about half way through the job, I had 2 reupholstered foot stools to deliver to the decorator, not far away, and left the garage open, while gone. 15 minutes was enough time for some thief to steal 3 cans of primer and 2 cans of paint.... about all he could reasonably carry off, I suppose. Seldom is there anything of value stored in my garage to be of interest, otherwise.

I mentioned the theft to the paint attendant at Lowes. He said thieves try to return items, hoping for cash refunds.

Thieves will steal anything, especially this time of year, I suppose.

Take extra care, this time of year, to secure your property, even items of nominal value. It's frustrating having to deal with thieves, this way.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/4/12 7:46 AM, Sonny wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, as with many other things in society, the idiots are
making it tougher on the rest of us to go about our every day business.

Both Lowes and HD have had to revise their return policies for that very
reason.
If you return more than a certain amount in less than a certain time,
you are now "flagged" and some time later, are forbidden from making
any more returns.

Many stores have gone to issuing only store credit to cut down on stolen
items being returned. It had become the meth-heads' new ATM around here.
Shoplift a few small expensive items through one door, return for cash
through the other.

BTW, if you ever lose jewelry to thieves, forget about checking the
local pawn shops who still have to keep records for pawns/sales (at
least in this state). Burglars' newest and easiest laundry service are
the "cash for gold" stores who don't even have to check a person's ID to
buy "their" gold jewelery. Best part is the evidence gets melted down
within days.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Thief Aware! HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 5 November 18th 11 02:31 PM
Thief Aware! HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 4 November 17th 11 09:33 PM
TMT VISITS CLEVELAND Howard Beal Metalworking 0 October 19th 11 09:51 AM
Carbon Monoxide Death in Oxford despite 10 Br Gas visits! Gel UK diy 12 August 24th 06 05:08 PM
Stopping a thief Nano Home Ownership 20 March 26th 06 02:52 PM