Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ibox, Leon

Finally got a chance to play with it. Had a little trouble getting
set up as I have a right tilt saw. But got throught that and first
pass my joints are too tight, and too deep, Any suggestions? Damn
Xmas is coming fast and I'm hoping to do boxes. Using the Frued box
joint blade. Using 3/8" setting and using scrap still. Too deep
should be easy to cure but not sure on the tighgtness. My senses tell
me to open the fingers. Any advice

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike M" wrote in message

Finally got a chance to play with it. Had a little trouble getting
set up as I have a right tilt saw. But got throught that and first
pass my joints are too tight, and too deep, Any suggestions? Damn
Xmas is coming fast and I'm hoping to do boxes. Using the Frued box
joint blade. Using 3/8" setting and using scrap still. Too deep
should be easy to cure but not sure on the tighgtness. My senses tell
me to open the fingers. Any advice
The slots will remain the same so the thing to do is make the fingers
narrower.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 01:46:03 -0800, "CW" wrote:

.. .

================================================= ========================
The slots will remain the same so the thing to do is make the fingers
narrower.

I agree, however just leaning to use this jig I'll have to experiment.
In a previous post Leon made it sound like a very close to no kiss was
the answer. So I guess I experiment.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/29/2012 9:43 PM, Mike M wrote:
Finally got a chance to play with it. Had a little trouble getting
set up as I have a right tilt saw. But got throught that and first
pass my joints are too tight, and too deep, Any suggestions? Damn
Xmas is coming fast and I'm hoping to do boxes. Using the Frued box
joint blade. Using 3/8" setting and using scrap still. Too deep
should be easy to cure but not sure on the tighgtness. My senses tell
me to open the fingers. Any advice

Mike M

Ummm did you read the directions? LOL

Too deep , lower the blade.

Too tight widen the spacing a touch. should be a simple process to
figure out..
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:08:33 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/29/2012 9:43 PM, Mike M wrote:
Finally got a chance to play with it. Had a little trouble getting
set up as I have a right tilt saw. But got throught that and first
pass my joints are too tight, and too deep, Any suggestions? Damn
Xmas is coming fast and I'm hoping to do boxes. Using the Frued box
joint blade. Using 3/8" setting and using scrap still. Too deep
should be easy to cure but not sure on the tighgtness. My senses tell
me to open the fingers. Any advice

Mike M

Ummm did you read the directions? LOL

Too deep , lower the blade.

Too tight widen the spacing a touch. should be a simple process to
figure out..

Mostly watching the DVD. All so girl friend wants to borrow money.
I've been very distracted. I figure little slave girl is worth
several points of interest.

hansgrohe ibox for beginners ! Ant UK diy 3 September 16th 18 03:42 PM
Ping Leon [email protected] Woodworking 1 October 1st 12 05:34 AM
New Incra iBOX Leon[_7_] Woodworking 31 May 23rd 12 04:35 AM
Leon- arrgh A Lurker Woodworking 36 February 20th 10 06:31 PM
Ping Leon diggerop Woodworking 9 October 17th 09 09:58 PM