Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Incra iBOX

Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the ouhter way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice looking product...
Really well engineered it seems.

Those teeth look like Steel.. I would have like to see alum so that an
accident causes me to replace its locator tooth rather than a blade and
locator.

Other than that real nice.

On 5/17/2012 10:07 AM, Leon wrote:
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the ouhter way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 9:07 AM, Leon wrote:
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the ouhter way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

And then there is this! If you want to build it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmrGa...eature=related

http://www.woodsmithstore.com/boxjoint.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 9:07 AM, Leon wrote:
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the ouhter way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

What's cool is that it appears to have the "kerfmaster" concept built-in.

Since I have the Woodwoodsmith box joint jig, which works just fine; and
the Akeda Dovetail jig I got from Han does box joints quickly and
easily, so I probably won't be getting one of these any time soon.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 9:55 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/17/2012 9:07 AM, Leon wrote:
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the outher way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

What's cool is that it appears to have the "kerfmaster" concept built-in.

Since I have the Woodwoodsmith box joint jig, which works just fine; and
the Akeda Dovetail jig I got from Han does box joints quickly and
easily, so I probably won't be getting one of these any time soon.

Do you have the aluminum WoodSmith jig? I saw that one plus the one
that you build with a kit, that one appears to work like the Incra. I
may have to try the $15 kit...once back in stock. I did not notice any
plans in past WoodWmith issues which is odd.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WoodSmith or Shopnotes.

Hey a question about Woodsmith and Shopnotes.

I have never subscribed. Currently I am not subscribed to anything so I
have some wiggle room.

The occasions I have seen either, they don't seem to offer much. But
there probably are little gems.

Is it worth a subscription??

On 5/17/2012 9:07 AM, Leon wrote:
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the outher way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

What's cool is that it appears to have the "kerfmaster" concept built-in.

Since I have the Woodwoodsmith box joint jig, which works just fine; and
the Akeda Dovetail jig I got from Han does box joints quickly and
easily, so I probably won't be getting one of these any time soon.

Do you have the aluminum WoodSmith jig? I saw that one plus the one that
you build with a kit, that one appears to work like the Incra. I may
have to try the $15 kit...once back in stock. I did not notice any plans
in past WoodWmith issues which is odd.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 9:07 AM, Leon wrote:
Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the outher way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

What's cool is that it appears to have the "kerfmaster" concept
built-in.

Since I have the Woodwoodsmith box joint jig, which works just fine; and
the Akeda Dovetail jig I got from Han does box joints quickly and
easily, so I probably won't be getting one of these any time soon.

Do you have the aluminum WoodSmith jig? I saw that one plus the one that
you build with a kit, that one appears to work like the Incra. I may
have to try the $15 kit...once back in stock. I did not notice any plans
in past WoodWmith issues which is odd.

With the exception of the first 6 issues of WoodSmith I have all of
them. I have all of the SopNotes.

Worth it, maybe. Little advertising and pretty good instructions. I
reference back issues with the indexing system often.

Always resubscribe by e-mail and ask for the introductory web site price
vs. the re-up price which is generally 30 % more.

And for $99 you can get all 200 back issues on DVD.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 9:17 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Hey a question about Woodsmith and Shopnotes.

I have never subscribed. Currently I am not subscribed to anything so I
have some wiggle room.

The occasions I have seen either, they don't seem to offer much. But
there probably are little gems.

Is it worth a subscription??

They both are fairly decent but Shop Notes leans toward tools and jigs
while Woodsmith is more toward "very" detailed furniture plans and ideas.

I used to get both but Shop Notes does get a little redundant after a
year or two.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" wrote:

Hey a question about Woodsmith and Shopnotes.

Is it worth a subscription??

-----------------
WoodSmithShop projects can be downloaded as pdf files, free of charge.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 17 May 2012 09:07:08 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Has any one tried one of these out yet? It is on my "next to get" list,
I think.

Looks to be a decent price, $170.

Looks like one can finally make the box joint fit the project rather
than having to do it the ouhter way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1oP-FnHfo9o

Damn you Leon, tomorrow is Mt St. Helens birthday as well as mine.
So now for birthday presents I have to buy the 48 tooth WWII and the
Incra Ibox jig. 8-) Also finishing up a 360 sq' addition to the
shop and hope to be able to get some work done. Going from It's bad
when your body get's bruised just trying to move thru a crowded shop.
That will give me 3 WWII blades and I'll put another vote in for the
frued dial a dado blade,. Looking forward to going up to a 942 sq.
'shop. As long as I don't buy more large tools it should all fit.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

You can always build that jig form the ShopNotes/WoodSmith site... But I
think the price of the Incra is a reasonable price and it appears to
have a few nice features.

Hurry up and get the jig and let us know how it works. I really like
the fact that you can alter spacing and make the cuts on any width board.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:zaudnQ-
:

http://www.youtube.com/

That's the one I built a couple of years ago. It works really well and only
took a couple of hours to build. I have used it on several projects with
differing thickness pieces and it works very well for all.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" wrote:

Hey a question about Woodsmith and Shopnotes.

Is it worth a subscription??

-----------------
WoodSmithShop projects can be downloaded as pdf files, free of charge.

Lew

Each issue typically directs you to their site for a few select down
loads. How long they stay up is another matter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
Hey a question about Woodsmith and Shopnotes.

I have never subscribed. Currently I am not subscribed to anything so I
have some wiggle room.

The occasions I have seen either, they don't seem to offer much. But
there probably are little gems.

Is it worth a subscription??

In this area, I'm down to Fine Woodworking ($5/issue) and Shopnotes
($2.33/issue). Together that is $49/yr. They are worth it to me as
"Edu-tainment". In a nutshell, Fine Woodworking has the best pictures
("inspiration"), and Shopnotes has the best ideas (or at least the most
for your time/money). Hope tht helps.

Having been a previous subscriber to it and others, my next preference
would be "Wood" magazine. Since I also subscribe to WoodCarving
magazine, Family Handyman and 2 others, I already have too many! If I
didn't resubscribe to Family Handyman, the loss wouldn't be too great
(hyperbole). In the current issue, they explain how to try to fix your
AC. The article suggests throwing $150 at "the problem" replacing parts,
and hope that catches the problem (what a "joke")!

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

It was an expensive day. I got the jig plus the hingemaker kit as
well as the 48 tooth forest WWII. Also finally found a good deal on
Craigs list for a set of welding gas tanks to replace the rental one's
I had. Of course in tonights mail was a letter from social security
disability that they are reducing my benefits to $225 as they think
the state L&I is paying me $2600. I've been trying to close the claim
since jan of 2011. I'll stop there as I could really go off on Wa.
State. Claims manager has to get permission to close my claim for
early retirement as I don't plan to return to work. I'm 62 and they
want to retrain me. I've got a master electricians license a backhoe
and excavator and they want to retrain me at my expense. Anyway I'm
looking forward to playing with the jig I think it will be my go to
tool for xmas. Love your work Leon I save pictures for ideas.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Have you already got your hands on the jig Mike??? If so where did you
get it? I have only seen it at Sacramental Tools so far.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I ordered it from Incra. Says they usually ship in 3-5 days so I
imagine I will see it the last week of May. I'm looking forward to
playing with it.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I am about to pull the trigger myself. I see you ordered the hinge jig
too. Did you order the bit set too?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

As I read it the bit is included
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/20/2012 2:12 PM, Mike M wrote:

I ordered it from Incra. Says they usually ship in 3-5 days so I
imagine I will see it the last week of May. I'm looking forward to
playing with it.

Mike M

I am about to pull the trigger myself. I see you ordered the hinge jig
too. Did you order the bit set too?

As I read it the bit is included

apparently you will need something like this too, and or one or two
round overs.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/21/2012 9:21 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/20/2012 2:12 PM, Mike M wrote:

I ordered it from Incra. Says they usually ship in 3-5 days so I
imagine I will see it the last week of May. I'm looking forward to
playing with it.

Mike M

I am about to pull the trigger myself. I see you ordered the hinge jig
too. Did you order the bit set too?

As I read it the bit is included

apparently you will need something like this too, and or one or two
round overs.

oops
http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...-whiteside.htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 21 May 2012 09:32:16 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/21/2012 9:21 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/20/2012 2:12 PM, Mike M wrote:

I ordered it from Incra. Says they usually ship in 3-5 days so I
imagine I will see it the last week of May. I'm looking forward to
playing with it.

Mike M

I am about to pull the trigger myself. I see you ordered the hinge jig
too. Did you order the bit set too?

As I read it the bit is included

apparently you will need something like this too, and or one or two
round overs.

oops
http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...-whiteside.htm

Ouch thats a pricey item. I have to contemplate that one for awhile
but I'll probably do it. I probably have the straight bits but I
doubt if I have more then one of the bull nose.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" wrote:

Every plan I see has a price. Is that because I need to use the
magazines URL to get to the projects?

-------------------------
Try:

http://tinyurl.com/ch6lac8

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks,

In looking at these plans, most (not all) seem shop related
or very simple designs.

That's what I was afraid of. So is it worth the subscription price?

Well most magazines these days suck. I have stopped all magazines lately.

I might give this a try since I have never had a subscription to
Woodsmith, knowing that it probably will be just 1 season.

On 5/21/2012 2:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"tiredofspam" wrote:

Every plan I see has a price. Is that because I need to use the
magazines URL to get to the projects?

-------------------------
Try:

http://tinyurl.com/ch6lac8

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/21/2012 9:21 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/20/2012 2:12 PM, Mike M wrote:

I ordered it from Incra. Says they usually ship in 3-5 days so I
imagine I will see it the last week of May. I'm looking forward to
playing with it.

Mike M

I am about to pull the trigger myself. I see you ordered the hinge jig
too. Did you order the bit set too?

As I read it the bit is included

apparently you will need something like this too, and or one or two
round overs.

oops
http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...-whiteside.htm

Bit the bullet they're on the way too. Good thing I ordered before I
paid bills and the dentist called to remind me I'm getting another
crown done tomorrow. Looks like beans and wieners the rest of the
month. If it would stop raining I usually get a lot of easy jobs in
all the surounding 5 acre lots. I've got the only excavator so get a
fair amount of little jobs which is about how much I want to work.
Thanks for pointing that out be pretty dissapointing to not have all
the tools to do the job.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/21/2012 9:21 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Thank Mike! Inrca said my check is in the mail! Wink!

I'll be ordering mine pretty quick, I just sold a wall full of book cases.

I would have had the hinge jig before now had it not been for the
special bits.

Christmas maybe. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/21/2012 9:21 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Just got an e-mail from Incra, due to overwelming demand their best
guess is now 1-2 weeks to ship. That will give me more time to figure
out where everything goes in the new shop addition.
Posted to rec.woodworking

No problem Mike, I have space. Have them ship it here.

Just got an e-mail from Incra, due to overwelming demand their best
guess is now 1-2 weeks to ship. That will give me more time to figure
out where everything goes in the new shop addition.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 22 May 2012 12:35:39 -0400, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

Nice try but I'll have space for them. 8-)

No problem Mike, I have space. Have them ship it here.

Just got an e-mail from Incra, due to overwelming demand their best
guess is now 1-2 weeks to ship. That will give me more time to figure
out where everything goes in the new shop addition.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/21/2012 9:21 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Just got lucky neighbor across the road wants to dig out the trees
that went down in the ice storm, and haul it all to the recycler so my
jig is more then paid for.

Mike M

hansgrohe ibox for beginners ! Ant UK diy 3 September 16th 18 03:42 PM
New Incra gages Mike Woodworking 4 March 4th 09 06:30 AM
Incra or Leigh [email protected] Woodworking 13 September 17th 08 11:52 AM
Incra V27 Mike Woodworking 0 April 24th 05 08:50 PM
Incra Jig Joe Woodworking 2 January 3rd 05 04:33 PM