Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Incra gages

I received an email the other day from Woodpeck showing a couple of
new Incra miter gages. Here's the Incra link since the Woodpeck link
didn't work.
http://www.incra.com/product_miter_main.htm

One is an updated version of the V27 with stops every 1 degree and the
other is an updated version of the 1000 also with stops every 1
degree.
Has anyone had the chance to get an up close and personal look at
either of these? We have the older versions of both models on the
job and I'm mostly wondering about the durability of the new smaller
notches on the protractor.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:15:47 -0600, Mike wrote:

One is an updated version of the V27 with stops every 1 degree and the
other is an updated version of the 1000 also with stops every 1 degree.
Has anyone had the chance to get an up close and personal look at either
of these? We have the older versions of both models on the job and I'm
mostly wondering about the durability of the new smaller notches on the
protractor.

I got the V120. I had the same concern until it was pointed out that
once you've set the angle and tightened the lock there's no load on the
notch while in use.

I can't say I've used mine heavily yet - I haven't had it that long. But
so far I'm happy with it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:15:47 -0600, Mike wrote:

One is an updated version of the V27 with stops every 1 degree and
the other is an updated version of the 1000 also with stops every 1
degree. Has anyone had the chance to get an up close and personal
look at either of these? We have the older versions of both models
on the job and I'm mostly wondering about the durability of the new
smaller notches on the protractor.

I got the V120. I had the same concern until it was pointed out that
once you've set the angle and tightened the lock there's no load on
the notch while in use.

I can't say I've used mine heavily yet - I haven't had it that long.
But so far I'm happy with it.

I swear they released the 120 about an hour after I opened the package of my
V27. They probably think they'll get me to buy the new improved model now
too. *******s.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:
I can't say I've used mine heavily yet - I haven't had it that long.
But so far I'm happy with it.

I swear they released the 120 about an hour after I opened the package of my
V27. They probably think they'll get me to buy the new improved model now
too. *******s.

Do they have a return policy where you bought it?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I can't say I've used mine heavily yet - I haven't had it that long.
But so far I'm happy with it.

I swear they released the 120 about an hour after I opened the
package of my V27. They probably think they'll get me to buy the
new improved model now too. *******s.

Do they have a return policy where you bought it?

Not with the packaging destroyed and the miter gauge covered with sawdust.
I bet that's why they use that clamshell packaging that has to be opened
with a chainsaw. Oh well, I'll stick to increments of 5° for awhile.
;~)

Copper Water Line Gages, And Usage ? Robert11 Home Repair 6 August 13th 08 11:54 PM
Pin Gages available separately? Bob AZ Metalworking 3 November 1st 05 05:37 AM
gages SMuel10363 Metalworking 7 January 19th 05 01:56 AM
Bore gages Mike Graham Metalworking 20 July 14th 03 10:52 PM