Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinions On This Rockler HVLP Gun?

Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.

That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.

That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.

The HF unit has received a lot of good references here.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/12 1:40 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.

That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.

"Looks" and "is" are two different stories.
I suppose it's worth a shot to try the HF version, since they have a
very liberal return policy.
Thanks for the info.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/12 2:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/18/12 1:40 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.

That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.

BTW, every one of those 20% off coupons says that they can't be used
with any other discount. $99 is the discounted sale price of the HF
model, so it probably wouldn't take. Still cheaper, however... and local.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 4:01 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/18/12 2:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/18/12 1:40 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.
That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.

BTW, every one of those 20% off coupons says that they can't be used
with any other discount. $99 is the discounted sale price of the HF
model, so it probably wouldn't take. Still cheaper, however... and local.

They'll probably take the coupon on it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/12 2:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/18/12 1:40 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.
That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.

BTW, every one of those 20% off coupons says that they can't be used
with any other discount. $99 is the discounted sale price of the HF
model, so it probably wouldn't take. Still cheaper, however... and local.

They'll probably take the coupon on it.

Really? So you think it's a manager's discretion thing? Worth a try,
I guess.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/12 2:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

There are certain sale items that they won't take a coupon on, and
others that they do. What's the rhyme or reason??? It's worth a try.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 1:40 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 11/18/2012 2:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

Yep. I'm on my second one now. The first one lasted 10 years.
Until I got sloppy spraying varnish and didn't clean it out properly.

It's a very good buy.

That unit looks exactly like the $99 HF unit.
Use a 20% off coupon and save $40 over the Rockler price.

Rockler? Harbor Fright?

How about Chicago Electric.
And it IS the same model.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 9:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

I have a "similar" gun from Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_326055-89183...vlp&facetInfo=

They "say" it will spray latex...sort of very thinned.

It will spray lacquer and shellac like a champ.

Easy to clean and not bad learning curve but does require
some practice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2012 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this particular sprayer?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469

The one in that link was the Chicago Electric gun.

But I got the Rockler Thanksgiving sale flier today and it
lists a Wagner combo unit for $80.

That one I don't know.
Never used it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/12 2:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

I picked this up, today on sale for $99, minus the 20% coupon which they
accepted, for a total of 80 bucks plus tax. I look forward to trying it
out and seeing if it's as great as everybody says.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/12 2:52 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Good luck, Mike.

Happy Hoovering...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/12 3:50 AM, Richard wrote:
Good luck, Mike.

Happy Hoovering...

Oops, over my head, but I must know. :-) Hoovering?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/2012 11:59 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/2/12 3:50 AM, Richard wrote:
Good luck, Mike.

Happy Hoovering...

Oops, over my head, but I must know. :-) Hoovering?

Showing my age again....

Hoover - like the vacuum cleaner?

Because that's what it sounds like.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/12 10:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 12/2/2012 11:59 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/2/12 3:50 AM, Richard wrote:
Good luck, Mike.

Happy Hoovering...

Oops, over my head, but I must know. :-) Hoovering?

Showing my age again....

Hoover - like the vacuum cleaner?

Because that's what it sounds like.

No kidding?
And I know Hoover... I used to be called Hoover when I played infield
because I sucked up every ball on the field. :-)
Of course, we also used that to describe guys who just plain sucked.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/2012 10:09 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/2/12 10:03 PM, Richard wrote:
On 12/2/2012 11:59 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/2/12 3:50 AM, Richard wrote:
Good luck, Mike.

Happy Hoovering...

Oops, over my head, but I must know. :-) Hoovering?

Showing my age again....

Hoover - like the vacuum cleaner?

Because that's what it sounds like.

No kidding?
And I know Hoover... I used to be called Hoover when I played infield
because I sucked up every ball on the field. :-)
Of course, we also used that to describe guys who just plain sucked.

I ain't going there, Mike.
Yer on yer own!

Rockler Bill[_37_] Woodworking 67 September 22nd 12 05:43 AM
Rockler 10% off DGDevin Woodworking 16 February 25th 09 02:36 PM
Anyone used and have feedback on Rockler HVLP? Stacey Woodworking 1 December 19th 05 01:26 PM
FS:Rockler Jig It Templates [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 3rd 05 11:11 PM
Rockler Ron Woodworking 7 January 18th 04 11:35 PM