Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dewalt screw redux - GREAT Service

Many people might have followed my earlier post about
unable to find either a metric or standard screw for
my DeWalt jigsaw.

I sent a message to them, asking them if they would tell
me the thread/size of the screw.

Here's the answer from DeWalt Service:

--
Thank you for contacting us.

We have generated a support case to help us track your inquiry. Your
case number is xxxxx. Please use this code in any further
communication.

We do not have the specifications of that screw available. we do have
stock on it available so if you can send me a UPS shipping address I
can send you the screw out as a courtesy.

---

Notice the last paragraph, last sentence - now that's service.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

MJ wrote:
Many people might have followed my earlier post about
unable to find either a metric or standard screw for
my DeWalt jigsaw.

I sent a message to them, asking them if they would tell
me the thread/size of the screw.

Here's the answer from DeWalt Service:

Well - good for you. At least they did indeed give you good service. Weird
that they could not give you the specs on the screw though...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:47:12 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

MJ wrote:
Many people might have followed my earlier post about
unable to find either a metric or standard screw for
my DeWalt jigsaw.

I sent a message to them, asking them if they would tell
me the thread/size of the screw.

Here's the answer from DeWalt Service:

Well - good for you. At least they did indeed give you good service. Weird
that they could not give you the specs on the screw though...

That was my first thought, but the "sending" guy knows part numbers
and the "specs" guy is probably 3000 miles away.