Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How difficult to make

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and
therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I
think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Rockler is always a good place to look for stuff like this. Here's a
link...

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...5&site=ROCKLER

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote:

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Triple the amount of time and money you estimate it would take you
to build this project.

If you still want to tackle the job, double that estimate and look
again.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep
and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest
part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

It starts at $9000

Paying for high quality materials is one thing, but that's freakin' nuts
man!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 18:40:37 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...saving-tables/

goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

It starts at $9000

Paying for high quality materials is one thing, but that's freakin' nuts
man!

be cheaper to add a room on to put a real table in, plus you got to keep
chairs somewhere, stuck under a table is an excellent place.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

[...]

No doubt and it doesn't even come with chairs. Though, it comes with 5 leafs
and a wall mounted holder for them. Wooo hooo!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 20, 3:27*pm, "Meanie" wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and
therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I
think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...ing-tables/gol...

Make them out of wood. Those exposed zinc-plated
drawer slides looked cheap.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Do you really anticipate a need to seat eight people in your "small" dining
area?

On folding chairs?

The only time I can see that happening is at Thanksgiving when you've got a
passel of kids participating in the meal. At that time, a couple of WalMart
folding card tables should sufficiently serve.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:27:32 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
This table.... Any input? http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

I didn't initially look at the price. $9K IS steep!

I have a custom work table (painted white, too) that looks as that table. For 3 weeks, I've been trying to give it away. You can come get it.

I have another custom work table, with 1 drawer, I'll give away, once I clean it off. It's surface is carpeted (higher end than the above table!?).

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Do you really anticipate a need to seat eight people in your "small"
dining area?

On folding chairs?

The only time I can see that happening is at Thanksgiving when you've got
a passel of kids participating in the meal. At that time, a couple of
WalMart folding card tables should sufficiently serve.

It doesn't need to be exact. There's always the option of a smaller version
and yes, Thanksgiving would be the only time we seat that many but no kids.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonny" wrote in message
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:27:32 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
This table.... Any input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

I didn't initially look at the price. $9K IS steep!

I have a custom work table (painted white, too) that looks as that table.
For 3 weeks, I've been trying to give it away. You can come get it.

I have another custom work table, with 1 drawer, I'll give away, once I
clean it off. It's surface is carpeted (higher end than the above
table!?).

Sonny

HMMM, I have this strange feeling you're very far from me. Damn, I would so
love to get it. ; )

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

It starts at $9000

Paying for high quality materials is one thing, but that's freakin' nuts
man!

--

The prices for all their furniture is expensive. The bunk beds for instance
are starting at $12000. The other stuff reaches $20000 plus. It's all made

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep
and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest
part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

The extension pieces look like ball bearing drawer slides that have been
fastened to each other. It might not be too hard to pull off. The
slides will run about $20/pair.

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote in
:

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The
price is steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it
would be to make. The hardest part I think is finding the
extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...space-saving-t
ables/goliath

There was someone here that posted a SketchUp drawing of some
homemade slides to make something like this. I thought I
downloaded the drawing but can't find it. I'll look some more
but if anyone else remembers please chime in.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep
and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest
part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Mom's round table was 4 feet across ans stretched to 16 feet.
It looked a lot like this one, except the slides were all wood.

The only metal in the whole thing is a hand full of screws that
secure the legs.

By the way, I love that table, grew up (sorta) playing on it,

But for $9000 it's a real bargin and it's yours if you want it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2012 7:56 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:27:32 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
This table.... Any input? http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

I didn't initially look at the price. $9K IS steep!

I have a custom work table (painted white, too) that looks as that table. For 3 weeks, I've been trying to give it away. You can come get it.

I have another custom work table, with 1 drawer, I'll give away, once I clean it off. It's surface is carpeted (higher end than the above table!?).

Sonny

Long long ago. Far far away.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:27:32 -0400, "Meanie" wrote:

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and
therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I
think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Quick question: Do you have an entire spare bedroom which could be
used to store all umpteen of the spare table leaves?

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote
The prices for all their furniture is expensive. The bunk beds for
instance are starting at $12000. The other stuff reaches $20000 plus. It's
all made in Europe and the space saving furniture is from a manufacturer
called Grei or something like that, located in Italy. It's very cool
looking stuff and facinating what they can do but those prices are
completely outrageous.

Not if they are selling and making a profit. If I can make and sell one
for $12,000, it is far better (for me) than making 12 that sell for $1000.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 19:48:18 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

The only time I can see that happening is at Thanksgiving when you've got a
passel of kids participating in the meal. At that time, a couple of WalMart
folding card tables should sufficiently serve.

+1 Done many, many times before.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry wrote in news:XnsA0F2D048BEB13none@
127.0.0.1:

"Meanie" wrote in
:

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The
price is steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it
would be to make. The hardest part I think is finding the
extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...space-saving-t
ables/goliath

There was someone here that posted a SketchUp drawing of some
homemade slides to make something like this. I thought I
downloaded the drawing but can't find it. I'll look some more
but if anyone else remembers please chime in.

Larry

I found the drawing if you're interested in looking at it. It is
exactly what you're looking for. Let me know the easiest way to
get it to you. If you can see the binary group I can post it
there if you would like, otherwise the easiest would probably be
to email it.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2012 5:34 PM, Meanie wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep
and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest
part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

It starts at $9000

Would you consider $3K too much? Materials and hardware are likely to
cost that much.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2012 8:49 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:27:32 -0400, "Meanie" wrote:

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and
therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I
think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Quick question: Do you have an entire spare bedroom which could be
used to store all umpteen of the spare table leaves?

Did you miss the picture of the storage device?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Easy to make, easy to find extensions...
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...iw=875&bih=441

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

It starts at $9000

I'll make you one for $6,999. You pay shipping.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

While you're pondering your decision on building that table, you can
just keep a sheet of plywood and a pair of folding sawhorses in the room.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:02:33 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

On 10/20/2012 2:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is
steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The
hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any
input?
http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as
far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and
specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much
more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

It starts at $9000

I'll make you one for $6,999. You pay shipping.

If it's not patented, I'll make them one for $4,995, -including-
delivery to the lower 48. Save $2,004 + s/h, Meanie!

--
EAT RIGHT, KEEP FIT, DIE ANYWAY.
--anon

Aw, Hell. Gimme CHOCOLATE!
--LJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 08:43:17 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/20/2012 8:49 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:27:32 -0400, "Meanie" wrote:

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and
therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I
think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

http://www.resourcefurniture.com/spa...tables/goliath

Quick question: Do you have an entire spare bedroom which could be
used to store all umpteen of the spare table leaves?

Did you miss the picture of the storage device?

That I did. And I forgot to mention chair storage, too.

--
EAT RIGHT, KEEP FIT, DIE ANYWAY.
--anon

Aw, Hell. Gimme CHOCOLATE!
--LJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

(Edward A. Falk) wrote in
:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Expa...mal-dining-tab
le-that-seats-ten-and-/

I knew I got the SketchUp drawing from here. I was going to post
it for him somewhere and I didn't know who to attribute. I'll
make a note in the drawing so I know next time.

Thanks for your hard work. A very useful and detailed drawing.
I'm sure an enormous amount of time and effort went into
creating it. It's on my todo list...

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

[...]

LOL......do I hear (or read) $4,500? Going once, going twice....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message
(Edward A. Falk) wrote in
:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Expa...mal-dining-tab
le-that-seats-ten-and-/

I knew I got the SketchUp drawing from here. I was going to post
it for him somewhere and I didn't know who to attribute. I'll
make a note in the drawing so I know next time.

Thanks for your hard work. A very useful and detailed drawing.
I'm sure an enormous amount of time and effort went into
creating it. It's on my todo list...

Larry

Agreed. Excellent work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:22:57 -0400, "Meanie" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Meanie wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

[...]

I'm sorry, but the cost of finish has gone up so much, we are unable
to offer more than this FORTY FOUR POINT FIVE PERCENT DISCOUNT at this
time. This offer expires 1nov12. Act now!

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pantry cabinet now up on Instructables

On 2/25/2013 1:45 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:

Annnnnd, here they a

http://imgur.com/a/1PYSb

I've put the full design, with Sketchup models and everything
up on Instructables:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pantry-Cabinet/

It's featured on the Workshop page at Instructables right
now.

It's also an entry in the furniture design contest.
Please vote for me; first prize seems to be some sort of CNC
woodcarving machine.

Beautiful work ... it takes a good man to do inset doors that size!

Well done.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/2013 10:18 AM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
Swingman wrote:

I've put the full design, with Sketchup models and everything
up on Instructables:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pantry-Cabinet/

It's featured on the Workshop page at Instructables right
now.

Today it's on the instructables front page, so yay.

Beautiful work ... it takes a good man to do inset doors that size!

Well done.

Thanks. The doors did't come out perfectly flat, unfortunately, so one
of them isn't quite flush at the bottom. I've learned a few things
from the experience.

Been there and done that with doors that are not perfectly flat.

FWIW there are Euro hinges that help address that for inset doors. You
can come to a happy medium typically.