Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Learning Sketchup

[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

I've just started learning how to use SketchUp and have come up with a
question. On the 3D view the program displays these endpoint or
intersection marks on the end of lines. Is there a way to hide those?

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/23/2012 10:08 AM, Michael Karas wrote:
[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

I've just started learning how to use SketchUp and have come up with a
question. On the 3D view the program displays these endpoint or
intersection marks on the end of lines. Is there a way to hide those?

Edit|Delete Guides

That is providing I understand your question.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article ,
says...

Still trying visualize the problem ... do you have dimensions in your 3D
view?

Can you take a screenshot (alt/prntscreen) and post it to ABPW?

Posted some pictures of the 3D view of the drawing he

http://www.carousel-design.com/work/EndPoints.png
http://www.carousel-design.com/work/Zoomed.png

I do not have any dimensions put into the drawing.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
http://www.carousel-design.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/23/2012 11:17 AM, Michael Karas wrote:
[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article ,
says...

Still trying visualize the problem ... do you have dimensions in your 3D
view?

Can you take a screenshot (alt/prntscreen) and post it to ABPW?

Posted some pictures of the 3D view of the drawing he

http://www.carousel-design.com/work/EndPoints.png
http://www.carousel-design.com/work/Zoomed.png

I do not have any dimensions put into the drawing.

Ahhh .... understand now:

It is a styles setting. Go to your Window|Style|Edit tab and under edges
settings (the first, wireframe icon) uncheck the endpoint box.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Learning Sketchup - Followup

[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article ,
says...

[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article ,
says...

Still trying visualize the problem ... do you have dimensions in your 3D
view?

Can you take a screenshot (alt/prntscreen) and post it to ABPW?

Posted some pictures of the 3D view of the drawing he

http://www.carousel-design.com/work/EndPoints.png
http://www.carousel-design.com/work/Zoomed.png

I do not have any dimensions put into the drawing.

After poking through nearly every menu and option in SketchUp I finally
found the key to turning off the end point markers. From the menu bar
select Window / Styles. On the Styles Dialog select the "Edit" tab the
then toggle off the Endpoints checkbox. I also found it useful to also
toggle off the "Profiles" option as well so that all the lines in my 3D
view were the same width.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
http://www.carousel-design.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

@Swingman - Thanks so much for the hints.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
http://www.carousel-design.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/23/2012 2:04 PM, Michael Karas wrote:

@Swingman - Thanks so much for the hints.

You're welcome ... looks like my 1:28 PM post took a while to get to
your end of the internet. LOL

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Learning as I go FoggyTown Woodworking 4 October 27th 07 04:52 PM
Learning Kevin Woodturning 10 April 4th 07 10:55 AM
Learning CAD Phil-in-MI Woodworking 5 June 16th 06 04:49 PM
Cad Learning Don Dando Woodworking 1 June 16th 06 08:41 AM
Learning to TIG Larry Jaques Metalworking 9 January 17th 06 12:42 AM