Posted to rec.woodworking
Don Dando

Default Cad Learning

It is my opinion that programs like Auto Cad and some of the other top of
the line products are so complete that in order to use them you really have
to take a training course or get a study guide and use it frequently to stay
breast of it all. They are very complex.

I especially like DeltaCad because it is much more limited in it's ability
and hence has fewer commands to learn. It is Intuitive so to speak, i.e.;
intuition almost tells you what to do. A trial version is available at
deltacad.com, and it only costs $39.95 if you decide to purchase it.

I have used it for a number of projects and I really like it. Even if I
don't use it for a period of time it is easy to get back into without having
to re-learn it.

If you begin everything at X=0 and Y=0 and make all lines positive numbers
that simplifies life considerably.

Don Dando

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris W

Don Dando wrote:
It is my opinion that programs like Auto Cad and some of the other top of
the line products are so complete that in order to use them you really have
to take a training course or get a study guide and use it frequently to stay
breast of it all. They are very complex.

I especially like DeltaCad because it is much more limited in it's ability
and hence has fewer commands to learn. It is Intuitive so to speak, i.e.;
intuition almost tells you what to do. A trial version is available at
deltacad.com, and it only costs $39.95 if you decide to purchase it.

Nice spam! $39.95 is a rip off for any 2D CAD program, heck $1 is too
much. This is 2006 not 1986. 2D Cad should be freeware. It's not
useful for much these days with 3D modeling so widely available.
Seriously, why wast your time trying to layout 3D objects in 2D, when
you can model it and see it in 3D? Most of that is way over priced too
if you ask me. There is on that is almost a reasonable price though,
Alibre Design. Not the best solid modeling software, but the most bang
for the buck in my opinion. Sure Solid Works, SDRC Ideas or Pro-E would
be nice, so would having $4,000 to $40,000 to blow on software. I won't
say too much on the easy to use other than I have never used a CAD
system that I though was all that hard to figure out how to use. Some
were more cumbersome to get certain things done, but I never had that
hard of a time learning how to use them.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com

Learning CAD Phil-in-MI Woodworking 5 June 16th 06 04:49 PM
He'll be learning near bitter Yolanda until his candle grasps usably. Tim Skirvin Woodworking 0 May 15th 06 09:29 PM
Need advice on Electronics Distance Learning Commander Dave Electronics Repair 6 August 24th 03 06:57 PM