Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spinning Wheel

If any of you have gotten the "bug" to build a Great Wheel (or
Waulking/Walking Wheel) I stumbled across a set of plans that you might be
interested in. The plans are for a Shaker inspired wheel and are available
from Rockler. You need to call them, ask for Customer Service, then ask for
Stan in Tech Support. Ask Stan for a set of the Spinning Wheel plans for
the Shaker wheel.

In other words, the plans are not availbable on the website or in a store.
But they do have them and they are a reprint from a Sept 1978 issue of
Woodworking Journal.

One other thing. The plans will set you back a whopping $4.19, with no s/h
and no tax.

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:
If any of you have gotten the "bug" to build a Great Wheel (or
Waulking/Walking Wheel) I stumbled across a set of plans that you might be
interested in. The plans are for a Shaker inspired wheel and are available
from Rockler. You need to call them, ask for Customer Service, then ask for
Stan in Tech Support. Ask Stan for a set of the Spinning Wheel plans for
the Shaker wheel.

I didn't even know for sure what what a Great Wheel was until you
mentioned it and I looked it up. They surely have their own aura! It
reminds me a little of my "mistrel-style banjo project" ~ William
Boucher (circa 1845). http://www.flesherbanjo.com/minstrel2.html

I haven't tried making one yet, but doing so now would be alot more
realistic for me now than when I first considered it about 9 years ago.
Go for it (the Greal Wheel), it you have the space! : )

Cheers,
Bill

In other words, the plans are not availbable on the website or in a store.
But they do have them and they are a reprint from a Sept 1978 issue of
Woodworking Journal.

One other thing. The plans will set you back a whopping $4.19, with no s/h
and no tax.

Deb

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:

If any of you have gotten the "bug" to build a Great Wheel (or
Waulking/Walking Wheel) I stumbled across a set of plans that you might

be
interested in. The plans are for a Shaker inspired wheel and are
available
from Rockler. You need to call them, ask for Customer Service, then ask
for
Stan in Tech Support. Ask Stan for a set of the Spinning Wheel plans for
the Shaker wheel.

In other words, the plans are not availbable on the website or in a store.
But they do have them and they are a reprint from a Sept 1978 issue of
Woodworking Journal.

One other thing. The plans will set you back a whopping $4.19, with no
s/h and no tax.

Deb

For those of you like Bill, who have never seen a Great Wheel in
operation. Here is a wonderful Youtube video of one. You will appreciate
the music, the spinning and the quality of the wood work. Mike Cox,
Tracy's father, is the builder of the wheel and does so on a commercial
basis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197fh...e=results_main

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

Dr. Deb wrote:

[...]

================================================== ==============================
Two out of three is not bad. I muted the audio.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

For those of you like Bill, who have never seen a Great
Wheel in operation. Here is a wonderful Youtube video of
one. You will appreciate the music, the spinning and the
quality of the wood work. Mike Cox, Tracy's father, is the
builder of the wheel and does so on a commercial basis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197fh...ynext=1&list=P
LD5B7A547DADB55F6&feature=results_main

Deb

I betting it's not nearly as easy to use as it looks. ;o}

Larry