Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Romex cable stapler - pneumatic?

Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if it actually works well. thanx
MEW
Posted to rec.woodworking

JayPique wrote in
:

Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in
thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but
price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if
it actually works well.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/gardne...er/staple-gun/

I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into any new
construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my basement.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..

JayPique wrote in
:

Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in
thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but
price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if
it actually works well.

http://www.cableorganizer.com/gardne...er/staple-gun/

I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into
any new
construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my
basement.

The younger units always beat the older guys these days!

--

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

Now,now....SYP is a softwood.

On 9/20/2012 7:00 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into any new
construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my basement.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Pat Barber
wrote:

Now,now....SYP is a softwood.

On 9/20/2012 7:00 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into
any new
construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my basement.

And balsa is a hardwood.

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because it¹s the one thing I can think of that probably doesn¹t. *

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:26:30 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Pat Barber
wrote:

Now,now....SYP is a softwood.

On 9/20/2012 7:00 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into
any new
construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my basement.

And balsa is a hardwood.

Only in the sense that it's deciduous.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
" wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:26:30 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Pat Barber
wrote:

Now,now....SYP is a softwood.

On 9/20/2012 7:00 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into
any new
construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my
basement.

And balsa is a hardwood.

Only in the sense that it's deciduous.

And 55 year old Douglas Fir (we don't get SYP much up here) is a
softwood only in the sense it's coniferous.

(I know that you know all this... grin)

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because it¹s the one thing I can think of that probably doesn¹t. *
John Gierach
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:47:42 -0700 (PDT), JayPique
wrote:

Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if it actually works well. thanx

Use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the staples, thus saving your
thumb and forefinger.

Air: I've never seen a pneumatic romex stapler.

Manuals: I've always liked the way Arrow guns work. Try their T-72
model. (Disclaimer: I have no experience with that one here, but have
used the T-50 lots and a T-25 once.)

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in thingies are tough on my thumbs...

You're supposed to use a hammer.

I'd prefer pneumatic, but price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if it actually works well. thanx
MEW

I have the Gardner Bender stapler. It works pretty well, though sometimes it
doesn't go in all the way or I need a more substantial staple.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if it actually works well. thanx
MEW

Hold the back of your hand to the wood, the staple between your index
and middle finger. It doesn't hurt nearly as much if you hit your hand
that way.

Ditto for many nailing situations.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPique View Post
Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if it actually works well. thanx
MEW
Gardner Bender and Arrow Fastener both have a hand operated stapler that can be used for Romex® Cable Staples.

This answer is intended to apply to Romex® Brand NM Cable. For other NM cables, please check with those respective brand suppliers or cable manufacturers. Romex® is a Registered Trademark of Southwire Company.
This communication is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute advice. As all the facts and circumstances in any given situation may not be apparent, this communication is not intended to be, and should not be, relied upon by the reader in making decisions with respect to the issues discussed herein, and the reader assumes the risk if he or she chooses to do so. The reader is encouraged to consult an expert before making any decisions or taking any action concerning the matters in this communication. All warranties, express or implied, including warranties regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability, safety or usefulness of any information, ARE DISCLAIMED. Southwire Company is not liable for any damages however caused and on any theory of liability arising in any way out of the information provided or the reader's use of it.