Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need help finding a good mini chuck

My drill press has a 5/8 chuck, so small bits don't work.
I thought about getting another full size chuck and morse tape maybe a
3/8 chuck if they have it for my taper. But then I thought the mini
chuck would do the trick and save a lot of money.

I ordered a mini chuck from Rockler. The bit wobbled horribly.
I told them, and they sent another, that wobbled worse. The guy that
sent it thought I would need instructions on how to use the chuck.
Rather than shoot the *******, I tried is recommendation.. And it still
wobbled worse.

Does anyone know of a decent mini chuck???? I missed the chance on Lee
Valley's special. it sold out same day. Don't know if they were better.
The Rockler unit were by Insty Bit so it's surprising how bad the
quality control is.

Looking for a 3 or 4 jaw chuck for Jet Mini! Thomas Clark Woodturning 8 March 7th 06 05:23 PM
Mini-chuck repair Arcady Metalworking 0 February 2nd 06 09:54 AM
Jacobs Chuck on Jet Mini Lathe AWood70928 Woodturning 27 June 30th 04 07:29 PM
Chuck pointers for JET mini... Silvan Woodturning 4 November 13th 03 03:31 AM
Supernova Chuck on Jet Mini? Rusty Myers Woodturning 10 November 4th 03 12:33 AM