Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lew - this one's gonna **** you right off (it's an old one...) - and probably Dave too...

I recently asked my frie.nds' little girl what she wanted to be when she
grows up She said she wanted to be President of the United States. Both of
her parents liberal Democrats, were standing there so I asked her.

"If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?" She
replied "I'd give food and houses to all the Homeless people," Her parents
beamed.

"Wow what a worthy goal," I told her "But you don't have to wait until
you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn,
pull weeds, and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you
over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give
him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the
eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and
you can just pay him the $5O?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party,"

--

-Mike-