Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nuther Tip of the Day (This one's serious)

I enjoyed all of the threads from Edwin's TOTD. Here is a real one
that may be beneficial to those who have not done it. I place a sheet
of plywood on all of my mobile bases (that can accomodate one) and use
it as storage space. It's great to keep tool specific wrenches,
blades, accessories with the tool and frees up general storage space in
the rest of the shop. I've "shelved" the following;
cabinet saw (under extension table), router table, open stand bandsaw,
scroll saw, radial arm saw.
Can't do the jointer or planer though.
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Tim is offline

"marc rosen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I enjoyed all of the threads from Edwin's TOTD. Here is a real one
that may be beneficial to those who have not done it. I place a sheet
of plywood on all of my mobile bases (that can accomodate one) and use
it as storage space. It's great to keep tool specific wrenches,
blades, accessories with the tool and frees up general storage space in
the rest of the shop. I've "shelved" the following;
cabinet saw (under extension table), router table, open stand bandsaw,
scroll saw, radial arm saw.
Can't do the jointer or planer though.
Marc

I made a shelf there on my drum sander, and keep my planer there. It is a
real pain to use, but allows me to keep two tools in the space of one; and
with a shop my size, that is really important.

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:
I enjoyed all of the threads from Edwin's TOTD. Here is a real one
that may be beneficial to those who have not done it. I place a sheet
of plywood on all of my mobile bases (that can accomodate one) and use
it as storage space. It's great to keep tool specific wrenches,
blades, accessories with the tool and frees up general storage space
in the rest of the shop. I've "shelved" the following;
cabinet saw (under extension table), router table, open stand bandsaw,
scroll saw, radial arm saw.
Can't do the jointer or planer though.
Marc

Whats a mobile base?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in news:6PA%g.41132$r61.27597
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

marc rosen wrote:
I enjoyed all of the threads from Edwin's TOTD. Here is a real one
that may be beneficial to those who have not done it. I place a sheet
of plywood on all of my mobile bases (that can accomodate one) and use
it as storage space. It's great to keep tool specific wrenches,
blades, accessories with the tool and frees up general storage space
in the rest of the shop. I've "shelved" the following;
cabinet saw (under extension table), router table, open stand bandsaw,
scroll saw, radial arm saw.
Can't do the jointer or planer though.
Marc

Whats a mobile base?

It's a tool stand that moves of its own accord when one doesn't wish it to.
It also may not move when one desires it to. It's usually mounted on some
form of rollers; loosely defined by Webster as wheels.
Henry II (or Hank the deuce)