Posted to rec.woodworking

Default In the interest of woodworking content:

On 9/6/2012 8:15 AM, Swingman wrote:

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Ready for client to pick up; sanded to 180, but NO finishing EG:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...75382263331 4

Two photos in row, custom cabinets with spacers installed for flush
mounting a Kohler 2026FS Medicine Cabinet.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 15:22:13 -0500, Swingman wrote:
That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Ready for client to pick up; sanded to 180, but NO finishing EG:

It's so he can truthfully say to admirers of the construction, that he
did the finishing and put it in.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 9/6/2012 8:15 AM, Swingman wrote:

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Ready for client to pick up; sanded to 180, but NO finishing EG:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopCustomMedic
ineCabinets#5785896753822633314

Two photos in row, custom cabinets with spacers installed for flush
mounting a Kohler 2026FS Medicine Cabinet.

Looks fantastic, Karl! What wood was that again? For this cabinet?
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/kohler-...-x-26-h-x-5-d-
aluminum-cabinet-with-square-mirrored-door-k-cb-
clc2026fs.html#.UEvkcVFP8g8

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:

What wood was that again? For this cabinet?
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/kohler-...-x-26-h-x-5-d-
aluminum-cabinet-with-square-mirrored-door-k-cb-
clc2026fs.html#.UEvkcVFP8g8

Hard Maple ... Yes.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in news:140763878368853857.125442kac-
:

Han wrote:

What wood was that again? For this cabinet?
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/kohler-...-x-26-h-x-5-d-
aluminum-cabinet-with-square-mirrored-door-k-cb-
clc2026fs.html#.UEvkcVFP8g8

Hard Maple ... Yes.

I love maple ...
But you knew that.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/9/2012 7:59 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote

Han wrote:

What wood was that again? For this cabinet?

Hard Maple ... Yes.

I love maple ...
But you knew that.

I love working with it because it mills so nicely, with sharp tools; and
when milled is always so clean looking and well defined.

AAMOF, a stack of freshly, properly milled maple looks like it was drawn
in a CAD program.

Finishing, except for a clear top coat, is another matter altogether.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

On 9/9/2012 7:59 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote

Han wrote:

What wood was that again? For this cabinet?

Hard Maple ... Yes.

I love maple ...
But you knew that.

I love working with it because it mills so nicely, with sharp tools;
and when milled is always so clean looking and well defined.

AAMOF, a stack of freshly, properly milled maple looks like it was
drawn in a CAD program.

Finishing, except for a clear top coat, is another matter altogether.

I've been doing shellac a few coats, then finishing with pastewax.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/9/12 9:20 AM, Swingman wrote:
AAMOF, a stack of freshly, properly milled maple looks like it was drawn
in a CAD program.

Hilarious and true. I had never thought of that before, but you are so
right.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)