Posted to rec.woodworking

Default In the interest of woodworking content:

That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the back
burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years, when this
small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dicineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:15:08 -0500, Swingman wrote:
That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

It must be tough when a client demands that. You might even have to
charge extra for that eh?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the
back burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years,
when this small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dicineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Sometimes you get lucky

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/2012 8:15 AM, Swingman wrote:
That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the back
burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years, when this
small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dicineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Looks good! I have had a few no finish jobs, they "spoil" you. You
feel the need to charge 4 times more on the next job that you have to
finish. ;~(
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopCustomMedic
ineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Great work, and a favor like that ... Mazel tov!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice work. What's the empty space below the "floor" for? Just a "design
feature"? And the side panels appear to be milled to accept three
horizontal members at the bottom (1 rabbet and 2 dadoes) and one at the
top. But I only see three pieces for each unit, presumably a top a
bottom and an inside "floor".

Sorry if these are ignorant questions, but I try to learn as much as I
can from any "woodworking content" I find.

On 9/6/2012 9:15 AM, Swingman wrote:
That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the back
burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years, when this
small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dicineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the
back burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years,
when this small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopCustomMedic
ineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

And you don't have to hire a subcontractor or have Leon come over to move
them and install them!! Nice.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/2012 3:49 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
What's the empty space below the "floor" for? Just a "design feature"?

Spec called for a 4 3/8" bottom rail? ... mine is not to reason why...

And the side panels appear to be milled to accept three horizontal
members at the bottom (1 rabbet and 2 dadoes) and one at the top. But I
only see three pieces for each unit, presumably a top a bottom and an
inside "floor".

Sorry if these are ignorant questions, but I try to learn as much as I
can from any "woodworking content" I find.

No such thing.

Was simply covering both bases, with one dado stack setup, for a last
minute decision on whether space for lighting or a solid bottom was in
the cards.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/6/2012 5:05 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

And you don't have to hire a subcontractor or have Leon come over to
move them and install them!! Nice.

That's what I'm talking about ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:15:08 -0500, Swingman wrote:

That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the back
burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years, when this
small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/

EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

I like them, massive looking, at least for medicine cabinets.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 01:46:26 GMT, basilisk
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:15:08 -0500, Swingman wrote:

That sofa table I was finally going to build myself got put on the back
burner, for about the tenth time in the same number of years, when this
small job came in the door:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/

EWoodShopCustomMedicineCabinets

Finally, something smaller than a 16' long, or 8' tall piece of
furniture ... there are two more very similar bath wall cabinets that
the client has contracted for, but I thought I would get these out of
the way first so he could finish/install them.

That's right, NO finishing ... I must be farking dreaming, eh?

I like them, massive looking, at least for medicine cabinets.

Must be for old folks. Younguns don't have nearly that much medicine
they need to keep in the cabinet.

Yeah, Swingy, nice cabs.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.