Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where are Interesting Woodworking Points of Interest in South East

Hi all -

SWMBO and I will be making a trip south from Ohio in a few weeks and
will be traveling through Kentucky, Tenn., N. Carolina, S. Carolina,
Georgia, Florida, and back through Georgia, Tenn., and Kentucky. Going
to hit Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill near Lexington, KY, and Arts
and Crafts Conf. in Asheville, NC at the Grove Park Inn, but open to
all other points of interest. Planning to get to Charleston, SC and
near Orlando, FL also Atlanta, GA, and Nashville, TN. Thanks for any
input you can provide...

Les
Posted to rec.woodworking

LesT wrote:
Hi all -

SWMBO and I will be making a trip south from Ohio in a few weeks and
will be traveling through Kentucky, Tenn., N. Carolina, S. Carolina,
Georgia, Florida, and back through Georgia, Tenn., and Kentucky. Going
to hit Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill near Lexington, KY, and Arts
and Crafts Conf. in Asheville, NC at the Grove Park Inn, but open to
all other points of interest. Planning to get to Charleston, SC and
near Orlando, FL also Atlanta, GA, and Nashville, TN. Thanks for any
input you can provide...

Les

You can bring her by my place and let her buy a nice magnolia bowl.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Blessed are they that run around in
circles, for they shall be known as wheels.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

LesT wrote:
Hi all -

SWMBO and I will be making a trip south from Ohio in a few weeks and
will be traveling through Kentucky, Tenn., N. ...

Berea, KY, area is full of folks including Brian Boggs amongst other
notables...

Posted to rec.woodworking

I live near Asheville NC and can recommend several places of woodworking
interest. They all have web sites so I will provide links:

http://www.gregorypaolini.com/ Greg Paolini is a custom furniture maker in
Asheville, he also teaches and will be an exhibitor at the Arts and Crats
Fair

http://www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org/ Check the web site of the
Carolina Mountain Woodturners for their February schedule and for links to
local turners and their studios

http://www.southernhighlandguild.org...neral-info.php
The Southern Highland Craft Guild has several stores in the Asheville area,
one is on the Blue Ridge Parkway and the second is at 930 Tunnel Road. The
one on the Parkway is only about 15 minutes from the one on Tunnel Road. Rhe
Parkway location is also a National Park Visitor Center and has several
exhibits that rotate so I am not sure what they may have when you are there.
In the recent past they have had exhibits by several local custom furniture
makers.

http://ashevillehardware.com/ Asheville Hardware, near the heart of downtown
Asheville has some very unique lumber, check their web site.

http://brianboggschairs.com/ As I indicated in another post Brian Boggs is
now in Asheville and has founded a "collective" .

From Asheville it is only about a 1 to 1.5 hour drive to Greenville SC and
the Woodworkers Guild of Greenville. I would suggest a visit to their shop,
it is amazing for a non-profit, volunteer organization. Check their web site
for directions and more info: http://www.greenvillewoodworkers.com/index.htm

Hope this helps

"LesT" wrote in message
Hi all -

SWMBO and I will be making a trip south from Ohio in a few weeks and
will be traveling through Kentucky, Tenn., N. Carolina, S. Carolina,
Georgia, Florida, and back through Georgia, Tenn., and Kentucky. Going
to hit Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill near Lexington, KY, and Arts
and Crafts Conf. in Asheville, NC at the Grove Park Inn, but open to
all other points of interest. Planning to get to Charleston, SC and
near Orlando, FL also Atlanta, GA, and Nashville, TN. Thanks for any
input you can provide...

Les

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Russ Stanton wrote:
Unless he moved in the last few months Brian is now in Asheville NC

Yeah, thanks...I realized I had forgotten that he had moved after posting...

There are still a bunch of others in Berea area, though--I'll not try
again to say who, specifically, since its now been 10 yrs since
returned to the farm in SW KS.