Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Restoration of the Charles W. Morgan whaleship

This weekend I took a trip to the Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT where
they are in the process of restoring the Charles W. Morgan, the last
surviving wooden whaling ship.

If I remember correctly, someone of this group is involved in the
restorations done at Mystic Seaport. If so, I tip my hat to you. Wow,
what a massive undertaking the restorations of these ships are.

For more information on the project see:

http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.c...B82F78C63BCD4A
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote the following on 8/11/2012 9:46 AM (ET):
This weekend I took a trip to the Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT where
they are in the process of restoring the Charles W. Morgan, the last
surviving wooden whaling ship.

If I remember correctly, someone of this group is involved in the
restorations done at Mystic Seaport. If so, I tip my hat to you. Wow,
what a massive undertaking the restorations of these ships are.

For more information on the project see:

http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.c...B82F78C63BCD4A

I walked that deck back in the early 1970s after driving back to NYS
from walking the decks of Old Ironsides in Boston. Stopped off for a
visit in New Bedford in between.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

How old is a Morgan 10A vise? Silvan Woodworking 41 December 7th 20 04:45 AM
Crash JP Morgan. harry UK diy 2 November 18th 10 06:31 PM
OT Crash JP Morgan harry Home Repair 0 November 18th 10 12:57 PM
Article on restoring the Charles W. Morgan to seaworthiness RicodJour Woodworking 4 August 22nd 10 02:31 PM
Michael Morgan - Scraping Mike Henry Metalworking 8 November 30th 03 04:36 AM